In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] Mi Aqara Wall Switch ZigBee Version - Light Up Your Life

2020-12-07 22:54:03
1422 14

Wassup Mi Fans! Ever dream of a smart home? A smart home allows the use of internet connected devices to enable the remote monitoring and management of appliances and systems, such as lighting, heating, rice cooker and even to the extent of allowing repairmen into your house via smart door or smart gate system.

As the leading Reviewer, I invested, bringing the 2020 product line to create awareness and how to embrace a smart home environment. Today, I am going to do a customer review on Aqara Wall Switch ZigBee Version to simplify the manipulation of your lightings and devices within the same gateway or network integrated with respective sensors.

Smart home technology, also often referred to as home automation or domotics, provides homeowners security, comfort, convenience and energy efficiency by allowing them to control smart devices, often by a smart home app on their smartphone or other networked device. A part of the internet of things (IoT), smart home systems and devices often operate together, sharing consumer usage data among themselves and automating actions based on the homeowners' preferences.

Advantages Of Aqara ZigBee Wall Switch
With Aqara ZigBee three-way switches, you can control one lamp with two switches, that is, the Wall Switches at both top and bottom of stairs. while adding a 2nd wired switch requires pulling new wires which is labor intensive, time consuming, and intrusive for the traditional method. Or in a scenario, you builder forgot to install switches on both ends of a long hallway or there are more convenient locations for your switches. This can be solved with Aqara's Wall Switch, you can easily control the same lights from two or more locations without new wiring. With Aqara Wall Switch you can easily turn on/off the switches of single or multiple groups of lights just with one click on your phone. The Aqara smart light control is not only able to provide multiple controls on the lighting system, but also comes with a remote lighting control. The ZiGBee version is the upgraded version of the traditional wall switch. Equipped with the ZigBee wireless protocol technology, there is no need of making any changes on the old circuit or on the lighting devices but just to replace the old switches with Aqara Switches. Turn off lights even when you are at work via Xiaomi Home App.
Illustration of a standard three-way switches

Illustration of Aqara smart three-way switches

The Aqara Wall Switch, when matched with a Panasonic 16A Pickup Resistance Relay, can control lamps from 3W to 1500W. Equipped with a temperature detection chip and 5A fuse, it can automatically shut off when detecting a load greater than 1500W or the internal temperature exceeds 60 ℃. Supports up to 50,000 presses.

Aqara Wall Switch ZigBee Version - Single Key/Gang
Model: QBKG04LM
Operating humidity: 5%-95%RH (non-condensing)
Operating temperature: -5℃~+60℃ (23℉~140℉)
Load range: ≤800W / circuit, 3W energy saving lamp / 5W LED lamp / 16W fluorescent lamp at minimum
Standard: Q/QLML007-2016
Dimension: 86 * 86 * 15.12mm
Wireless Protocol: Zigbee
Input voltage: 220V~, 50Hz for single live line

Aqara Wall Switch ZigBee Version - Double Key/Gang
Model: QBKG12LM
Operating humidity: 5%-95%RH (non-condensing)
Operating temperature: -5℃~+60℃ (23℉~140℉)
Load range: ≤800W / circuit, 3W energy saving lamp / 5W LED lamp / 16W fluorescent lamp at minimum
Standard: Q/QLML007-2016
Dimension: 86 * 86 * 15.12mm
Wireless Protocol: Zigbee
Input voltage: 220V~, 50Hz for single live line

How To Use Aqara Wall Switch ZigBee Version

• Replace old switches with Aqara Wall Switch ZigBee Version

Aqara Wall Switch ZigBee Version Installation
Each rocker of the Wall Switch (Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Double Rocker) controls one lamp. The switch can be installed in the following steps:
1. Turn power off at the circuit breaker, remove switch cover plate, remove existing switch, replace with Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Double Rocker, connect live wire of wall junction box to Input Terminal L, then connect the lamp wire of wall junction box to L1 and L2 (Note: The lamps connected with L1 and L2 are controlled by the left button and right button respectively), and finally tighten the screw. See the drawing below for wiring:

2. Remove the switch panel with straight screwdriver.

3. Secure the switch on the wall junction box with screw.

4. Press down the switch panel.

5. Turn on the main switch. You can confirm the Aqara Wall Switch is powered-on if the blue status indicator flashes once. Press the button, the switch is functional but not connected to a network when the red state indicator flashes slowly.

• Download Xiaomi Home App and install it and use the (+) icon to add devices, it will scan for nearby devices. Pair and bind to access the multifunctional gateway or hub, and now you are all set to go.

• Now you can conveniently control other devices within the gateway, as shown below with one click to switch on/off the lamp.

My Verdict
As a hobbyist myself, the drill is pretty easy from installation and binding the switch to my phone. It's more than a switch, all you need is imagination, like hooking it up with the air-conditioner and knowing the gadget to integrate, like in the case of switching on the lights when you come home automatically, you need sensors to effectively make it work. I have given the hyperlinks to integrate these gadgets to work harmoniously within the gateway or hub. Be there to experience the Smart living concept !! I will go in depth and give more insight and knowledge to cover a wide range of smart home automation and office automation with protocols such as Z-Wave, Zigbee, X10, PLC and so on. So stay tuned to my future product reviews, tips and tutorials.