In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Discussion] Cant update past 8.1 Oreo - any Android 9 or 10 rom ends up in fastboot

2020-11-28 22:53:32
144 1
Hello,
I have a Poco F1 on which I used to flash many different roms for the past year. Some days ago, I decided to try the OOS McLaren edition - as if Utopia and Diwali were not good enough for me... I watched a video in YouTube with the title: "Oxygen OS McLaren Edition Rom - For All Phones", went on to download the files (which I thought would be GSI) and flashed 'em on my Poco. Needless to say, it was a violet (rn7) specific rom which popped errors in my TWRP while flashing it and of course it didn't proceed.

The thing is though, that after that I couldn't flash any rom (Corvus 10, OOS 10 utopia, diwali, MIUI, nothing). I mean TWRP does show the flash as successful but by the time I'm about to boot, it instantly goes into fastboot - can't access recovery, nothing.

The only thing that works is flashing the original stock rom either in MIUI 9 or 10 of Android 8.1 Oreo. I flash them through fastboot, with the MiFlash program (I have flashed MIUI 11 and 12 through fastboot and though showing successful I still get fastboot upon reboot). Even getting ota updates from stock 8.1 rom (the 11.0.5 which is Android 9) leads to the update screen, all good, but once it reboots I'm greeted with the fastboot logo again. As I said, if I upgrade I can't get to recovery - no matter what I do it takes me to fastboot. I need to downgrade again, reflash TWRP and start working from there.

I feel hopeless and have sinked too many hours already to fix this mess, yet nothing seems to be helping get the phone past Android 8. Does anyone have a tip or something that would be of help to get this phone back in full working order again?
Thank you...
2020-11-28 22:53:32
Favorites RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

_g_k_h_n_ | from app

maybe the flashing manual on this will help you ; https://c.mi.com/thread-2766844-1-0.html
2020-11-30 19:22:51