In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] POCO F1 The End ?

2020-11-23 17:58:42
291 2
Hello @happybuddhist Sir, I Hope You Are Doing Well, It's Been A Long Time Since I Posted My Last Thread (As It's Very Hard To Get Mi Community Work In India After Ban).

Now Coming To Device Related Queries:

POCO F1 Has Really Aged Well And I Would Like To Thank The Entire Team To Support And Maintain This Device.

I Have A Few Queries, Please Answer Them Wisely :)

1. No Update Since 12.0.2.0 With Spetember Security Patch ? When Can We Expect ? This Month ?

2. POCO Launcher Is Broken When Will We Get Android 10 Navigation Bar & Gestures (POCO Launcher 3.0 Or 2.X.X Whatever)

3. Today A News Came Out That Xiaomi Has Changed It's Mind And Is Now Internally Testing Android 11 For Redmi Note 8 Series.
Will POCO F1 Also Get A11 ? If Not Then Also No Issues.

4. We Got MIUI 10,11 & 12. What About 13 ?

5. Till How Long Will We Be Getting Updates & Support.

Thanks.
Stay Safe & Happy.
2020-11-23 17:58:42
Favorites1 RateRate
1. Cant' say. We may get one this month or the next month with a new security patch and bug fixes. Since this is a two year old device, the frequency of the updates will be very low.

2. I've heard from the team that they are working on adapting these to POCO Launcher, but no extra info is available.

3. I've also seen that 'rumour' - I would take it as a rumour itself. But if that's true, then we may even have a chance. TBH, Snapdraon 845 is still a powerful chipset to handle Android 11. But with more devices on the road, we need to see how the development turns out. I guess we'll get more solid information in the coming months. If at all coming, then it would probably come in 2021 only, after releasing it for newer flagships.

4. Probably, but like I said, we'll have to see how POCO will carry out the development.

5. Normally, Xiaomi supports devices for 2 major Android upgrades and 3 MIUI updates. In that case, we have filled in the quota, but POCO has always surprised us with the development, so let's see if we get any bonus stuff.

Cheers! :-)
2020-11-24 08:06:34
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

Rookie Bunny

kobain89 | from app

I think before any update to android 11 that they should focus in the bug solving
2020-11-29 06:11:14