In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2/Lite

[Q&A] How to install stock ROM and get rid of old LineageOS?

2020-11-13 01:09:23
243 4
I've purchased an used Xiaomi Mi A2 lite.

Unfortunately the seller withhold the information that it was flashed with lineagos.
This ROM has android version 8.1 and is not able to update.

The stock ROMs are all depending on partition A/B layout but this LOS does not support it.
# fastboot set_active other
returns
fastboot: error: Device does not support slots

So I cannot use any of those fastboot ROMs I found.

Also the device is identified as 'sakura' - not as 'daisy' which makes all attempts to flash via fastboot using the given *bat or *sh files impossible.
# fastboot getvar product
product: sakura

The xiaomi flash tool always stops with: "missmatching image and device error" as the images are for daisy or even jasmine which is A2 without 'lite' (yes, the official latest image from xiaomi namely for Mi A2 lite 'Xiaomi_Mi_A2_Lite_V10.0.13.0.PDIMIXM_20190807.0000.00_Global_9.0_XFT' is for jasmine!)

I also installed the xiaomi PC suite but the phone is not recognized by it when I start it in the recovery which is still the original xiaomi one.

Is there any way to get the stock rom reinstalled and get rid of this ancient LOS?

Thank you in advance for any help and hints.

2020-11-13 01:09:23
Favorites1 RateRate
Try flashing ROM for Redmi 6 Pro. Sounds like this is the device you have.
2020-11-13 22:14:09

Rookie Bunny

r3n3ga7 Author |

Thank you @s0m3b0dy for your reply.
Seems like you are totally right: The device is not a Mi A2 lite but a Redmi 6 pro also it is labeled with 'AndriodONE' on its back.
Meanwhile I found that there are quite some bogus Mi A2 lite in circulation. There are several people claiming about such fakes on reddid e.g.
Unfortunately I bricked it while trying to flash Mi A2 lite ROM to it (bootloader locked up).
Now it dosen't boot anymore, bootloader cannot be unlocked without some 'token'.
Looks like it has become a nice expensive paperweight...
2020-11-14 18:25:56

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

Hi,
To check if the bootloader is unlocked type in the command: fastboot oem device-info
If it's unlocked try to flash the stock Redmi 6 Pro India fastboot ROM with MiFlash tool. Download from here: https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.2.0.PDMMIXM/sakura_india_global_images_V12.0.2.0.PDMMIXM_20200814.0000.00_9.0_global_48164fc9c5.tgz
2020-11-15 23:16:16
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>

Super moderator

feds64 | from app

You need to flash the specific ROM for your device.
2020-11-30 21:19:41