In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Notebook

[Discussion] [SOLVED] Mi Notebook Pro 15.6", 2018 model: Xiaomi USB-C display adapter not working

2020-11-06 16:48:07
246 2
Hi there,

I have the Mi Notebook Pro, 2018 model, 15.6", 16GB, i7 with MX150.

I also have the Xiaomi display adapter for the USB-C charging port (model zjq02tm).

I cannot get an external display to be recognized at all through the USB-C adapter. Charging through the adapter works fine. The additional USB2.0 ports in the adapter also work fine. But external displays are not recognized at all when connected to the mini DP port.

I have my own installation of Windows, with all the official drivers from this forum. I also tried installing the latest Intel GPU drivers from the official Intel site for the onboard graphics. My BIOS is 906.

I tried this by connecting to a Dell U2412M monitor through a mini DP - DP cable, and also through a Mini DP - HDMI adapter. Same result.

Are there any steps I can take to troubleshoot this? I would really appreciate help to be able to connect two displays.

Thank you very much.

2020-11-06 16:48:07
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6383866421 Author |

I see that quite a few people have viewed this question. Maybe others are dealing with the same issue.
I am coming closer to a solution so I will share it here. It seems that there is a difference between different DisplayPort cables, and this may have something to do with it.

My findings:
- USB-C charging port == Xiaomi USB-C Hub == Mini-DP to DP cable (DisplayPort 1.1): doesn't work
- USB-C charging port == Xiaomi USB-C Hub == Mini-DP to HDMI cable (exact specs unknown): doesn't work
- USB-C charging port == USB-C to Displayport cable (Displayport 1.2, advertised "thunderbolt support"): works.

So in my eyes there are two options left:
- Either the Xiaomi hub is not working, or;
- The cables I used with the hub are not compatible.

I have ordered a MiniDP to DisplayPort 1.2 cable in the hope that this will work. Will report back here.
2020-11-19 21:07:11

Rookie Bunny

6383866421 Author |

Upon trying:

USB-C charging port == Xiaomi USB-C Hub == Mini-DP to DP cable (DisplayPort 1.2)

I found that it works.
In other words: the USC-C Hub with this laptop will only work if you have a certain type of DisplayPort cable, and likely the required version is at least 1.2.
2020-11-22 00:19:25