In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 10T/Pro

[Discussion] [Debate - Battle Of Minds #4] All-Screen Mobiles vs Fold-able Mobiles: What’s The Future?

2020-11-16 20:14:34
1541 69

Wassup Mi Fans..!
I hope everyone is doing well.
In the last debate[Debate - Battle Of Minds #3] Megapixel Vs Sensor Size! by @cherri , we saw every 5 out of 6 users prefer sensor size over the megapixel of the cameras in the smartphone. This week we are back with another fascinating topic, during the past couple of years, we saw a lot of innovative ideas but the only two designs that seem like they are from a dystopian future have only been the all-screen Mi Mix Alpha and a few phones with foldable screens by some other brands. So, we thought it would interesting to see which tech do our Mi Fans think will be the future of smartphone screens

So, Let’s get straight into it,
All-Screen Mobiles
All-screen mobiles are nothing but the screen wraps around the body of the entire smartphone leaving just a stripe for the main camera. Here, The display will be equipped with acoustic technology. So, it replaces traditional earpiece receivers and proximity sensors. For unlocking the mobile it will have an in-display fingerprint sensor on the front side and there should be no physical buttons,  instead of that it will have pressure-sensitive virtual side buttons, which allow for interaction and the sides are pressure-sensitive to give the touch of real buttons, allowing you to lock the screen, adjust volume, etc,.

Foldable Mobiles
Foldable smartphones use bendy polymer screens for flexibility of the devices, so the display is having the capability to bend which results in folding and unfolding. These phones are filled with a ton of revolutionary tech, but the most ground-breaking component that you’ll see is the famous flexible OLED display. their many complications are there for foldability, Aluminum and plastic phone cases are technically bendable. But, they will snap after a couple of folds. Like these many factors are there for foldability. Xiaomi’s possible plans for a foldable clamshell smartphone. They have already applied for patent rights to CNIPA (China National Intellectual Property Administration) Although the patents are only now available.

Conclusion
In my opinion, right now both the designs look very cool.
But if I were to own any of these phones I would very much be worried about scratches or breaking the screen to be able to admire the beauty of the phones. All said and done if I have to choose 1 I might go with all-screen phones as they look just a step before we get Holographic phones from sci-fi movies.

So, Guys, Do You believe these mobiles will be the Future?
Cast your vote below and do share your thoughts & views below..!!

Previous Debates:

End Time: 2020-12-05 15:35:00
VS
For 70
All-Screen Mobiles Will be the Future
Against 26
No, Foldable Mobiles Will be the Future
2020-11-16 20:14:34
Favorites30 RateRate

Mi Sports Team

Aegisson | from app

Or maybe some kind of mix. Foldable with additional screen
2020-11-16 20:21:53
Aegisson (Grzesiek)

Grand Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from Mi 10 Pro

My choice, foldable..
2020-11-16 20:51:22
i hate both , the ones we have are better
2020-11-16 22:25:44
i hate both , the ones we have are better
2020-11-16 22:26:05

Grand Master Bunny

Prima99 | from Mi 6

foldable phone just a gimmick.
2020-11-16 22:28:33

Master Bunny

klappasaki | from Mi 9T Pro

Voted for the one less prone to break. Might pick a foldable one, after they prove to work just fine for at least 3 to 4 years :-)
2020-11-16 22:37:58

Grand Master Bunny

1860bodo | from Mi 9T Pro

voted
2020-11-16 22:45:54

Device Team

Arun Abhimanyu Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Aegisson
Or maybe some kind of mix. Foldable with additional screen

good choice
2020-11-16 22:46:45

Device Team

Arun Abhimanyu Author | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

klappasaki
Voted for the one less prone yo break. Might pick one, after they prove to work just fine for at least 3vto 4 years :-)

That's really great 🙂
2020-11-16 22:47:05

Master Bunny

klappasaki | from Mi 9T Pro

Arun Abhimanyu
That's really great 🙂

Won't be an early adopter again :-) each and every foldable/slider phone I bought, failed well ahead of its time. Each one was well north of 1,000 bucks, lessons learned :-)
2020-11-16 23:28:20