In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F2 Pro

[Q&A] How to disable camera poping up in pocket?

2020-10-20 06:04:38
595 5
Every time I get a video call the camera open in my pocket , and there's no pocket mode in settings plus the camera opens up when I use Instagram and takes too long to close back up the phone has many bugs way too many!!!
2020-10-20 06:04:38
Favorites1 RateRate
I have the same issue, 2 days ago someone made a video call and the front camera opened without i do anything. I'm worried that the camera will open and damage the mechanism. Mi 9t has protection against It, please, add this function to poco f2 pro in the next update
2020-10-20 11:03:25

Pro Bunny

darulmaxmur | from app

If someone video call my  Poco F2 using WhatsApp, the front camera doesn't pop up unless I answered the call.
If I video call someone using WhatsApp, the front camera will auto pop up.
What apps. are you guys using for video calls?
2020-10-22 18:03:52

Advanced Bunny

sakonako Author | from app

darulmaxmur
If someone video call my  Poco F2 using WhatsApp, the front camera doesn't pop up unless I answered the call.
If I video call someone using WhatsApp, the front camera will auto pop up.
What apps. are you guys using for video calls?

weird what setting do you have switched on?
2020-10-22 19:17:56

Pro Bunny

darulmaxmur | from app

I am using the standard settings (I didn't make any changes in settings or whatsoever) and this is how my Poco F2 behave when someone video calling me, the front camera doesn't auto pop up UNTIL I click the 'Answer' button.
The front camera will only auto pop up if I am the one who initiated the video call first.
2020-10-24 09:44:41
I had the same issue using whatsapp! it was driving me nuts. my camera would automatically pop up in my pocket. it's just a matter of time before the camera breaks this way. its my understanding that this issue is something to do with how whatsapp utilizes the camera. As a workaround if you go into the whatsapp app info  other permissions  disable "Show on Lock Screen". This makes it so if your phone is locked in your pocket it doesn't pop up until the phone is unlocked. now if it is left unlocked on a desk it still automatically pops up. This is the best I could figure out for now.
2020-10-29 11:22:54