In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

[Q&A] sd card failures.please someone help me.

2020-10-17 03:04:58
164 2
Does anyone know why applications lose access to the sd card after connecting the smartphone to a PC and then there is no way for them to have access again, I have to restart they smartphone and wait a long time to use the applications, a while ago I spent more than an hour to start, In the end I had to remove the memory card and now I am afraid to put it back. Please someone help me
2020-10-17 03:04:58
Favorites RateRate
Hey,

Can you share a bit more details, like which app and what happens?
2020-10-18 11:06:22
The SD card by its design can give priority only to one device at a time as I understand it. A pc that is accessing your SD via the android phone which is acting like a card reader when the phone is hooked up to the pc, in such a case the card cannot be equally available to both devices at the same time.

Example: I had a offline maps app installed on my device and used the sd card to store my country's full map which was about 250mb. When I hooked the phone to pc via usb cable setting the android phone to storage mode data transfer, the offline map refused to access the map again even after reboot.

My work around was using a wifi dongle on my pc and I used xiaomi mi drop application to transfer files from pc to phone and vice versa.
This way I could keep sd priority on the phone.
2020-10-25 00:39:18