In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Gadgets

[Review] Never Leave Home Without The Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor

2020-10-14 18:40:55
3925 16

It’s no secret that I’m a die-hard fan of Mi devices and gadgets. Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor is a handheld portable air pump that lets you accurately check and top up tire pressure with the press of a button.

Xiaomi never failed to impress me, the build and design is appealing and the key point is the purpose of owning one, which is the convenience of topping up the air pressure during long journey too far from the service station, not many have thought of that, well, I knew how it's like as I have experienced when it happens at the least expected timing.

Key Specifications
  • Charging input: 5V = 2A
  • Battery capacity: 2000 mAh (14.8Wh)
  • Charging Time: less than 3 hours
  • Tracheal pull-out length 180mm, including nozzle (without thread) adapter
  • Inflation pressure range: 0.2 ~ 10.3bar/3 ~ 150psi
  • Sensor accuracy: +/- 2psi

No more guessing with the traditional air pressure gauge, the Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor can digitally check and detect the tire pressure.

You can still pump your tyre and use the Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor to accurately get the desired pressure.

The Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor comes in a compact, minimalist cardboard packing comes complete with a Chinese instruction manual, a soft bag for carrying the inflator and its accessories, which include the micro USB charging cable, an adapter for smaller valves and another adapter pin for use with footballs, basketballs and alike.

What will amaze you further is the ease of operation, just choose what you want to use it for, whether a vehicle, bicycle or simply a football or basketball. Fine tune the pressure level as required and press the center button. Comes with a big digital display to show you the desired level and the progress during the inflation. The pump will stop automatically once that level is reached.

The center button is used to switch on or off. The "+" and "- “ on the dial is for setting the desired pressure, the "bulb" symbol is to switch to the flashlight on top and the "cycle" symbol is the mode button to choose between the car, motorbike, bicycle and ball. To change the pressure unit just press and hold the mode button until the unit changes from Bar to PSI and vice versa. The compressor is automatically switched on by pulling the hose out of the red port and, when it is attached to the valve, detects and displays the current pressure. After inflating to the preset value, the compressor automatically stops and displays the current pressure again.

Pressure Quick Reference
  • Bicycle: 45 psi / 3.1 bar
  • Motorbike: 34.8 psi / 2.4 bar
  • Automobile: 36.2 psi / 2.5 bar
  • Ball: 8 psi / 0.5 bar

The high-precision mechanism in the pump can easily reach up to 150psi to meet the inflating pressure required for most kinds of tires, even professional racing bicycles and most cars or SUV around.

The Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor have gone through the overpressure function protection test, air pipe tensile strength test, compression test, electrical strength test, air pipe hydrostatic test, high/low temperature charging test, free drop test, movement durability test to ensure maximum durability and safety.

One of the handy feature is the LED lighting incorporated to help you operate at night.

On the bottom is the micro USB charging port. It's powered by a 18650 lithium battery with 2000 mAh capacity. A single full charge can inflate approximately 8 mountain bicycle tires, at a speed of 3 minutes per tire or inflate 5 car tires from 2.0 bar to 2.5 bar at a speed of about 6 minutes per tire. The battery LED on the bottom will show the battery status as white for a fully charged, orange for partially charged and red shows the battery is exhausted.

My thoughts
With the small footprint and compact design makes it very convenient, you can easily stuff it in your backpack when riding a bike or bicycle and easily fits your car glove box or compartments.The device itself weighs only 437 grams. Very useful for long-haul trips in case you run into a flat tyre. In addition to that it's wireless, the 18650 motive power lithium battery is remarkably efficient and long lasting, hence making your journey worry-free.

"Realizing the Mi Fan's Dreams"