In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI ROM

[Bugs] Wi-Fi connectivity issues/Wi-Fi bug after inactivity/screen off on Poco F2 Pro

2020-10-07 07:50:44
670 12
Hello,

I recently bought a Poco F2 Pro. Unfortunately I'm experiencing the well-known Wi-Fi bug which existed on previous Xiaomi devices in the past, as example on the Redmi Note 9S. The Wi-Fi connectivity stops working as soon as the Poco F2 Pro has been woken up out of deep sleep mode even though the Wi-Fi icon on the Poco F2 Pro is visible and the Wi-Fi settings on the Poco F2 Pro are showing that the Poco F2 Pro is connected to a Wi-Fi network. As I get new notifications like new emails during deep sleep mode, I assume that the issue is related to the Poco F2 Pro waking up out of deep sleep mode, just like on the Redmi Note 9S in the past.

To temporarily fix the Wi-Fi bug I have to turn on and turn off the airplane mode on the Poco F2 Pro, or have to turn off and turn on Wi-Fi on the POCO F2 Pro. I have ve never experienced the well-known bug on my Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite and Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, which are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this bug, or if Xiaomi already knows about this well-known bug happening on some POCO F2 Pro devices?

Regards,
Credipede

2020-10-07 07:50:44
Favorites1 RateRate

Feedback Team

SIVARAMAN N | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

Dear user sorry for the inconveniences Kindly try to reset your network like Settings Connection Sharing Reset WiFi mobile networks and Bluetooth after that reboot your device then check and reply back Thanks
2020-10-07 07:59:59
SIVARAMAN N replied at 2020-10-07 01:59:59
Dear user sorry for the inconveniences Kindly try to reset your network like Settings Connection Sharing Reset WiFi mobile networks and Bluetooth after that reboot your device then check and reply back Thanks

I already reset my network settings several times, unfortunately doing so didn't fix the problem. I'm pretty sure that I'm experiencing the well-known Wi-Fi bug which a lot other people experienced on several other Xiaomi smartphones, as example on the Redmi Note 9S. I believe the Wi-Fi bug on the Redmi Note 9S has been fixed on the MIUI Global Stable 11.0.11.0 (QJZEUXM). I hope that Xiaomi is able to fix this issue on the Poco F2 Pro as well.
2020-10-07 10:46:49

Feedback Team

Credipede
I already reset my network settings several times, unfortunately doing so didn't fix the problem. I'm pretty sure that I'm experiencing the well-known Wi-Fi bug which a lot other people experienced on several other Xiaomi smartphones, as example on the Redmi Note 9S. I believe the Wi-Fi bug on the Redmi Note 9S has been fixed on the MIUI Global Stable 11.0.11.0 (QJZEUXM). I hope that Xiaomi is able to fix this issue on the POCO F2 Pro as well.

Dear user can you possible to provide video recording of the issue for better understanding Thanks
2020-10-07 17:34:57
SIVARAMAN N replied at 2020-10-07 11:34:57
Dear user can you possible to provide video recording of the issue for better understanding Thanks

Video recording showing the Wi-Fi bug on my Poco F2 Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxzzh3bQ8So
2020-10-08 11:43:51

Feedback Team

Credipede
Video recording showing the Wi-Fi bug on my POCO F2 Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxzzh3bQ8So

Dear user sorry for the inconveniences this issue has been reported already to developers kindly wait for upcoming updates it will be fixed Thanks
2020-10-08 17:11:00
SIVARAMAN N replied at 2020-10-08 11:11:00
Dear user sorry for the inconveniences this issue has been reported already to developers kindly wait for upcoming updates it will be fixed Thanks

Alright, thank you for the information. I hope that Xiaomi is able to fix the Wi-Fi bug on the Poco F2 Pro soon.
2020-10-09 04:42:44
Update: It seems like updating to MIUI Global Stable V12.0.3.0.QJKEUXM unfortunately didn't fix the Wi-Fi bug.
2020-10-12 04:51:55
Update: Since the update to MIUI Global Stable V12.0.3.0.QJKEUXM, notifications that require a working internet connection finally arrive while the phone is inactive and while the screen is turned off. Unfortunately the internet connection still has issues after the screen is turned on when the phone was inactive for a while.
2020-10-14 00:41:23
Thank you for describing my problem so thoroughly, I have the exact same problem and as a new owner of a Poco F2 Pro (rom: V12.0.3.0.QJKEUXM) this is a real deal breaker.

I am on a router of Synology (RT1900ac) and tried all sorts of remedies on router side:
-update to latest firmware
-split up the 2.4/5ghz signal (happens on both signals)
-use WPA2 Personal / WPA+WPA2 Personal
-Automatic channel/fixed channel
-5ghz in DFS channels and non dfs channels
-Enabling/disabling U-APSD (power saving)

All of this has been tested with the different settings on the phone:
-Wifi select best networks automatically on/off
-Developer access "Limit Wireless scanning" on/off
-Disable Wifi access for Google location services

Checking the logs of synology Wifi I see a lot of connection errors for the Poco device that I do not see for other devices (such as the xiaomi a1 I have): 1, 3, 6, 7, 15, 16
If you look at that table https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-u ... ation-Reason-Codes- then you will notice that 16 is the "Group Key Handshake timeout" and if I read correctly that is the code that Xiaomi used to restart the wifi modem on the hotfix .5 release for red mi 9 (not the actual fix in the .11 release).

It did not happen when connected to a hot spot so it must be a combination of factors. I'm going to check with different routers.
2020-10-16 07:15:12

Rookie Bunny

6368087360 | from app

i have the same problem ( poco f2 global 8/256)
2020-10-18 20:16:17