In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[Best of App] [Mi App Showdown #15] Netflix VS Hulu: Which Is the Better Streaming Service For You?

2020-09-29 06:36:08
572 26

Hello lovely MI Community user,
How are you? Hope you all are fine and in a good mood. Our App Resources Team always focuses on sharing the best quality apps to our fellow MIUIers. In addition to our weekly collection and AppTrend, we bring you another series - App Showdown. In this series we will compare two apps (and also game) and give you a detailed analysis of the comparison. This round (#15) we have awesome duel from popular movie/series streaming application. Honestly, I wasn't "streaming movie lover" until my hubby start to work from home. Then I realize that some people maybe in the same conditions as me and turn become "streaming movie lover". Am I right? Raise your hand!

Today let's talk about Netflix and Hulu. Both app are very popular nowadays. Besides have awesome movie/series on their library, both also easy to use and the subscribtions is not too expensive. Netflix and Hulu also give the best offer on content. We all know that content become one of factor to choose which one is the best. Netflix offer tons of movie and popular serial TV like Stranger Things, Nacros, The Vampire Diaries, and more. Netflix also has their own original programming.

N E T F L I X

Refferst to wikipedia Netflix, Inc. is an American technology and media services provider and production company headquartered in Los Gatos, California. Netflix was founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California. The company's primary business is its subscription-based streaming service which offers online streaming of a library of films and television series, including those produced in-house. Now, you can get Netflix access from your mobile phone and also your TV.  I am using Mi TV to watch Netflix by the way and works good.

More than 1,000,000,000 users have downloaded Netflix on Playstore. Netfilx has basic package and premium package. The basic one is about $9 per month and Netflix offer $16 per month for premium package. If you have purchased premium package, you got ultra HD, and can stream on four screens at once.

H U L U

Meanwhile, Hulu has more Disney movie and give you access to loads of popular TV show Netflix but unfortunatelly I need VPN to download and use this app. I was read that Hulu only available in USA. Anyone here not live in USA and Japan, but can access Hulu without VPN? Let me know yea :)

Hulu launched in 2008, and its quickly became one of favorite streaming app in USA. And recently hit 50,000,000+ downloader on Playstore now. On Hulu you can stream your favorite movie/series from anime to sports, watch tv shows, get live news and much more on your free time. Speak of price Hulu already beats Netflix. Hulu offered cheaper price than Netflix. It's basic service is $6 per month, while Netflix offered $9 per month. Both also have upgrade options.

Netflix and Hulu, both support all the major platforms such as Apple TV, Android, iOS, Mac, Chromecast, PlayStation, PC, Xbox, and various smart TV platforms. Hulu also supports Nintendo Switch. But, remember one thing, keep your internet in stable and good quality to get smooth and clear video.

Netfilx and Hulu both have their pros and cons, you can try them before decide to purchase. There is free trial times period, you can use it. So, which one you like the most? I know that comparison can be subjective, but my heart to go Netflix. Share your opinion and let's discuss! Don't forget to give your vote. See you on the next App Showdown!

Single Poll thread Total 26 Users Voted This Poll has ended.

88.46% (23)

11.54% (3)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +40 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-09-29 06:36:08
Favorites1 RateRate

Mi Fans Team

the other improv | from Mi 9T

Netflix
2020-09-29 06:41:12

Master Bunny

UlpiEdub | from app

Netflix
2020-09-29 06:55:25

Master Bunny

MARDE | from app

Netflix
2020-09-29 07:15:46

Master Bunny

symmyrose | from Redmi Note 8

Netflix
2020-09-29 08:09:40
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #5

Mi Rédacteur

M1K4_3L | from app

Technily Hulu as there is live TV and it's a part of my Disney + monthly plan.
😂. I know I'm lazy
2020-09-29 09:25:17
SNOC XUA TROM

Master Bunny

RichG | from MI 8

Thank you for sharing.
2020-09-29 09:53:08

Wizard Bunny

BeingBishal | from Mi 9T Pro

Thanks for the showdown!
2020-09-29 09:57:30

Master Bunny