Hi Mi Fans,|
Recently we rolled out MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM based on Android N for Redmi Note 4, and some of you guys told us that you are looking for Split Screen and Quick Switch features. Both of these features will be natively available in MIUI 9 but for now, with the help of Button Mapper App, you can enjoy both of these features. In this tutorial, I will help you in setting up the app and then you can enjoy both the features on your device.
Go to Settings ---> About Phone and tap on MIUI version 7 times, you will see a message "You are now a developer".
Go to Settings ---> Additional settings ---> Developer Options ---> Turn it on, now swipe down and turn on Force activities to be resizable option.
1. Install the Button Mapper app from play store.
2. Click on Go to turn on accessibility.
3. Choose Button Mapper.
4. Turn on the Toggle Button.
5. Select OK.
6. Go back to Button Mapper app and click on Home Button option.
7. Click on the toggle to turn on Customize option.
8. Click on Single Tap.
9. Choose Split screen.
10. Click on Double Tap.
11. Choose Last app.
12. Make sure the Home Button settings look like this.
Now you are good to go, Come to the home screen by pressing the home button once and at this step, make sure to lock Button Mapper app the recent app tray.
13. Open Youtube or some other application, press the home button once and start sliding the screen towards the bottom to the up. You should be able to move it to the upper half of the screen now.
14. You can now open another app in the lower half of your screen.
Enjoy the split screen and quick app switch on your phone now. Source: https://youtu.be/NrRk9li6jJ0, from Tech Sane. Do watch the video if you need more assistance!
Thanks to Pushpinder and Rishabh for helping me with the screenshots. Three finger screenshot might not work after enabling Accessibility for this app. Also, do each step properly as mentioned in the thread before calling app a crap or blaming me, I am using this app for 3-4 months now and it works flawlessly for me and many of my friends.
This tutorial is based on the free version of Button mapper app, if you want more functionality and wish to help the developers, you can consider upgrading to pro version of Button Mapper as well.
If you want to run multiple (more than 2) apps on your phone and want to have freedom of resizing the space they run in, you should check out this tutorial Run Multiple App Windows Simultaneously In MIUI 8 (N) by R0user.