In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Other] Google Assistant Dark Mode is broken after MIUI 12 update

2020-09-23 10:53:50
533 2
The new MIUI 12 upgrade seem to cause an issue with Google Assistant UI.
When using dark mode, the Google Assistant UI become half dark and half light unlike previously in MIUI 11.
Tried reinstalling the Google app but the issue remained. The Google app doesn't seem to appear on individual dark mode setting as well, so there is no way to disable global dark mode for the Google app.

Device is Mi 8 Lite (platina)
MIUI 12 v12.0.3.0.QDTMIXM (Android 10)

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-09-23 10:53:50
Favorites1 RateRate
It's a known bug and is reported in other devices too. My Mi 9 has the same issue and many other devices too. Apparently it's an issue with only the Google app, so hopefully it can be fixed in upcoming builds. Do send a bug report via the Feedback app.

Cheers! :-)
2020-09-23 19:05:17
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

Advanced Bunny

leenaway Author | from MI 8 Lite

happybuddhist
It's a known bug and is reported in other devices too. My Mi 9 has the same issue and many other devices too. Apparently it's an issue with only the Google app, so hopefully it can be fixed in upcoming builds. Do send a bug report via the Feedback app.

Cheers! :-)

I read on the bug tracker that it is fixed in Mi 9. Report already sent tho in Feedback app. Thank you.

EDIT: It seem to be fixed after a Factory Reset.
2020-09-24 08:54:38