In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Discussion] WARNING: MIUI 12 for Mix 3 5G *DISABLES* 5G

2020-09-14 03:27:49
1659 10
UPDATE: Got 5G working when running PEMMIXM rom. Screenshot provided in my comment below.

There's a saying in my country: "Those who's silent agrees". After the moderators stopped responding to remarks of the removal of the 5G-option under "Preferred networks" in settings, I caught suspicion of that they might have disabled it alltogether.I make this post to warn others not to do the same mistake. I have no clue what the Xiaomi developer's intent is by disabling the 5G of the Mix 3 *5G*. I have sent feedback in the Feedback-app [with no response of use]. I have also sent a tip regarding this to Android Authority, who in the past also has criticised Xiaomi for their disrespect towards the Mix 3 5G owners.

As recommended by user Criticaldany, I recommend those who still wants 5G-service to stay on Vodafone's vendor-ROM (PEMEUVF). It appears Global Stable PEMEUXM has no 5G-support anymore…

Before the MIUI 12 PEMEUXM-update:

After the MIUI 12 PEMEUXM-update

As of now, Vodafone (PEMEUVF) has not updated their ROM to MIUI 12, and I think it's fair to assume this is the reason why.

Other useful links regarding this issue:
https://c.mi.com/thread-2810929-1-0.html
https://forum.xda-developers.com ... 094141#post82094141
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/9qqjpwn9
https://c.mi.com/thread-2999413-1-0.html?t=1586610714640

2020-09-14 03:27:49
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Xoriatis71 | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

5G is available in select countries. Your region might not be 5G ready yet, meaning that Xiaomi might have disabled the 5G setting due to region laws.  
2020-09-14 04:25:22
Xoriatis71 replied at 2020-09-13 22:25:22
5G is available in select countries. Your region might not be 5G ready yet, meaning that Xiaomi might have disabled the 5G setting due to region laws.

My Norwegian cellular provider, Telia, has rolled out 5G in my city and I have been in contact with them where they have confirmed my SIM-card's profile is updated so that it accept 5G-signals.
2020-09-14 04:59:25

Semi Pro Bunny

Criticaldany | from Mi MIX 3 5G

It would be good if the admin and mods here contact the Dev team about this.
2020-09-14 05:59:32
Jørgen Dysvik Bjørke
My Norwegian cellular provider, Telia, has rolled out 5G in my city and I have been in contact with them where they have confirmed my SIM-card's profile is updated so that it accept 5G-signals.

Hello,
We are awaiting response from the team. Plus, Moderators don't push updates, devs do. If we get any information regarding this, we'll share it here. No need to jump into conclusions just because there's a delay in response. I live in a region with no 5G, so Criticaldany's comments would be more helpful. But the feedback thread was posted by me, and I get updates when anyone comments in it. I track the comments section myself. My silence is not my answer - I'm just waiting for their response. Kindly wait.
Cheers! :-)
2020-09-14 08:45:46
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series
j'ai un mi mix 3 sous rom vodafone et justement je pensait le flash pour le mettre en version européenne ou global pour avoir miui 12 de disponibe ? vous pensez que je dois faire quoi ?
vodafone c'est quoi en fait les mise a jour arrive plus tardivement et jai entu dire que des application etais ajouter dans les rom

merci de votre aide
2020-09-24 21:41:41
the same message in english for english

I have a mi mix 3 under vodafone rom and I was just thinking of the flash to put it in European or global version to have miui 12 available? what do you think i should do?
vodafone is what in fact the update arrives later and I heard that applications were added in the rom

Thank you for your help
2020-09-24 21:42:15

Advanced Bunny

Jørgen Dysvik Bjørke Author | from Mi MIX 3 5G

Mohamed SAIDI
the same message in english for english

I had originally Vodafone ROM.
Then I upgraded to PEMEUXM and 5G was disabled.
Then I upgraded to PEMMIXM and 5G was still disabled.
If you want 5G, stay with Vodafone PEMEUVF.
2020-09-25 01:49:00
Jørgen Dysvik Bjørke replied at 2020-09-24 19:49:00
I had originally Vodafone ROM.
Then I upgraded to PEMEUXM and 5G was disabled.
Then I upgraded to PEMMIXM and 5G was still disabled.

thx you you are the best ! you will install rom vf when miui12 vf come ?
2020-09-25 01:51:55
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #9

Advanced Bunny

Jørgen Dysvik Bjørke Author | from Mi MIX 3 5G

Mohamed SAIDI
thx you you are the best ! you will install rom vf when miui12 vf come ?

CORRECTION: I got 5G working on my Mix 3 5G running PEMMIXM!
2020-09-25 06:29:10