In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 10/Pro

[Other] I need help following supports advice on Mi 10 Lite 5G AOD issue

2020-09-09 20:30:18
486 3
Hey All!

So since got my mi 10 lite 5g in global Rom, i have been in "Battle" with Xiaomi, to get the to fix the damn option that would allow the AOD to be turned on all the time, which is kind of the point of AOD.

After few back and forth emails, they sent me this:

Dear Val,

Greetings from Xiaomi UK.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we'll assist you on this.

Regarding your concern, since the ‘Always On Display’ function is pre installed on the phone and as of right now it only allows user a 10 Sec option.

Please try if this would work on your device. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the ‘Always On Display’ on your device.

1.  Download and install the latest version of the MIUI Themes.

2.  Once downloaded, open the ‘Themes’ and check the new category ‘AOD’. Choose a style according to your preference, download and apply it.

3.  Access the ‘Settings Menu’ and the submenu Screen and enable ‘Always Active’.

4.  Activate the ‘Always on Display’ function and configure it according to your preference.

We do hope that this simple steps may help you with your query.

If possible, please send a Feedback so that our team of developers may be made aware of that issue for them to develop a fix for it or to improve that feature the soonest possible time. Here on our end, we’ll inform our relevant team abou it.

We humbly ask for your understanding and patience.

Thank you for reaching Xiaomi UK. It’s our pleasure assisting you. Have a great day!

If other concerns arise, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Keep safe.

Regards,

Ben

I went on to APK mirror, and downloaded latest global package for MIUI themes, installed it, couldn't find anywhere anything about AOD styles, does anyone understand and can help me follow these steps? I am confused about settings menu, subsetting "screen" can't even find this to be honest. Can anyone help me with this, finding the right Themes app and how to configure this? Any help would be much appreciated.

2020-09-09 20:30:18
Favorites RateRate

Super moderator

feds64 | from app

What is you real issue on AOD, is it about the timing? You are only limited to the values on the menu itself.
2020-09-11 08:19:07

Semi Pro Bunny

TrancyGoose Author | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=542948339feds64/url
What is you real issue on AOD, is it about the timing? You are only limited to the values on the menu itself./quote
yes it is about the timing, mi 10 lite 5g is the only device where it only has the 10 sec option for aod. I am pissed about it, as it is my first phone with amoled and i wanted aod. All note 10 series have a choice, even lite, 10 5g lite does not have it. No schedule, just 10 sec and no constant on. What's the point of AOD then if it can't be always on? And worse, no one is giving answers, EEA and Global share same issue with EEA being at 0.2 version now. It was present on MIUI 11 and carried over.attach6550906/attach
I am limited to values, I only have 1 VALUE! 10 Seconds.
2020-09-11 08:25:05

Pro Bunny

1652032728 | from app

It's not a bug, as mi10 lite 5g has a notification led xiaomi decide to not activate always on feature for more than 10 seconds. Stupid, but not a bug. But if is for you necessary to have it, there is a solution. Go to settings, additional settings, developper options, at the end of the list, desactivate miui optimization. The always on option will stay '10 seconds' but in fact aod will work correctly.
2020-09-12 20:38:30