In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

Mi Engineer Face to Face
he new attempt we startBy drawing the distance between Mi fans and our unsung heroes Mi engineers, Mi Engineer Face to Face is aiming to uncover the unbeknown backstories behind MIUI system and Xiaomi Product research and development and promote Xiaomi Engineering Culture by interviewing relevant engineers face to face.
3 Article Description     189 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Master Bunny

ถั่วงอก | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

thanks for new
2020-09-09 22:41:52

Pro Bunny

symmyrose | from Redmi Note 8

Thanks for sharing
2020-09-10 00:46:34

Device Team

Arun Abhimanyu | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

that's really a great information to know
2020-09-10 00:59:38

Advanced Bunny

shawky'z 6333222126 | from Redmi 8

wow wonderful
2020-09-10 01:38:53

Pro Bunny

maloy999 | from Redmi Note 7

thanks for the info. and above all for your great job :)
2020-09-10 02:42:29

Rookie Bunny

6156317725 | from Redmi 6A

oh... that seams a small-ish team... congrats on the achievement keeping the phones nice... on the other side that might be the reason for me to lose my notes in notes update... not enough testing...  
2020-09-10 03:06:29

At the earliest time of MIUI, Android had just started, and the only Android phones on the market were HTC and Google's own phones. HTC was the main domestic product, and its price was quite expensive. In addition, there were many knockoffs, various systems and Android systems in China, which are relatively good on top of the system. However the HTC Android system needed to be improved, and the user experience was not much good regarding calling and texting operation systems. In the first version of MIUI, the phone and contact person were changed, so that the packaging was better and users could use it more smoothly. In short, the basic things should be done first, and the software center should be started later.

I did not know these specifics as it relates to Xiaomi's origins but I had assume such for a long time. There used to be a saying about MIUI: The power of Android with smooth iOS performance. Back then Android was known for its capabilities while iOS was far more restrictive but doesn't lag like it does. When I was using the Samsung Galaxy S3 it was horribly laggy and made it very annoying to use. MIUI was such a godsend when I first got my Mi 4. Smooth operation just like I'd seen on iPhones but so much more to offer just like Android. These days it offers even more than Android while iOS has started to glitch and lag. It truly has grown into the world's best smartphone OS.

There is a big difference between the Global version and China version. The Global version needs Google's GMS. To distribute Android systems overseas, it is necessary to meet Google's requirements before MIUI systems can be released in the overseas market. Hence we should conduct in-depth communication and cooperation with Google, knowing the specific requirements and combining Google's GMS with MIUI to make sure it runs well. This is one big challenge we had.

Actually I'm pretty sure this would violate many global anti-monopoly laws so you might be able to look into that for the future. One of the few complaints I've seen about MIUI usually stems from the Global version and it's usually about poorer performance including data drain and battery drain. We've all seen the news countless times. Google collects data. Google's News app was revealed to be using extreme amounts of user data a while back. And Android systems are known to drain the battery due to all of their hidden background processes that mostly fall back to data collection.

I've been championing the China rom for all MIUI users since it became a serious problem to be on the Global rom. I still remember when users complained about the Mi MIX's performance claiming it lagged or fell behind against other brands. Meanwhile I know my own MIX has been keeping up with phones released years after it like the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I did a little digging and found that there was a severe difference in performance and speed between the two roms on Mi MIX.

The China version only needs to fit to Chinese. However, the languages in different countries have different lengths, so there are some deviations in the development pages. For example, with the same strings, some languages are quite long, which need UI to make some adjustments, otherwise they are not applicable.

As a user of the China rom I can relate to this. I've noticed that if you set the language to Chinese everything fits nice and neatly like intended. But in English I often find the words cut off at the end on menu options, tabs and app icon names. It's something I've had to deal with but it's not so bad. I'd recommend something like a scrolling marquee. That's how we do it in America.

According to NPS in Western Europe, MIUI system compatibility, fluency, system power consumption, and mobile phone applicability have  high scores, which are beyond our imagination.Also MIUI optimizes the Android native system and simplifies the user's hands-on process.

More than that, the variety of mobile phone systems, such as themes, users can change all icons, backgrounds, notification bars and colors of the mobile phone by using a set of themes. This is a cool feature. Theme is the first function started by MIUI in China. Only Xiaomi's whole MIUI system has built-in overall style customization, while other manufacturers can only change desktop icons and wallpapers. The whole notification bar of MIUI also has built-in contacts, short messages and setting UI icons, which can be customized completely. As long as the designer learns to use this set of tools, he can do the theme he wants to do.

Don't forget security thanks to MIUI 12's first of its kind TUV Rheinland Certification for smartphone security!

A little more marketing finesse and Xiaomi should leave infinity behind and go further beyond!

2020-09-10 03:33:04

Grand Master Bunny

m@soud | from Redmi Note 5

Thanks for sharing
2020-09-10 03:51:42

Semi Pro Bunny

Paulo F | from Redmi Note 8T

There are any Xiaomi engineiers working in the Miui 12 to Redmi note 8? The best ones? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
2020-09-10 03:55:35

Pro Bunny

racv2/1766959707 | from Redmi Note 7

Great post thanks for sharing
2020-09-10 04:04:33