In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] Top speaker issues in MIUI?

2020-09-09 02:38:06
208 10
Im using the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. I only purchased it a couple of weeks ago off Amazon and already the top speaker is having issues.

It started today when I was making a call, I switched to loud speaker, which uses the bottom speaker. When I tried to switch back I hear a small buzz and then nothing silence. I rang a few friends and it was the same with them all. Eventually I restarted the device and the issues resolved itself but then it happened again. The restart fixed it that time too. But I don't want to keep powering off my phone everytime I want to make a phone call that isn't on loud speaker! Does anyone else have this issue or know what's wrong with it?

Thanks
2020-09-09 02:38:06
Favorites RateRate

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Not a phone I have, but will look around to see if it's a software thing. Could you show me a screenshot of your about phone page on the settings, showing your miui version number?
2020-09-09 04:11:14

Rookie Bunny

6351375915 Author | from mobile

Torlyn
Not a phone I have, but will look around to see if it's a software thing. Could you show me a screenshot of your about phone page on the settings, showing your miui version number?

Torlyn. The man, the myth, the legend. Thanks for helping me out last time :)

I've just began the return process so if you can't figure it out, no worries.

Another question you may or may not be able to answer...

If I buy another Xiaomi direct from China will it work with Google pay? I already know I'd have to check frequencies/bands for networks but can't find an answer regarding G pay. Thanks
2020-09-09 07:21:13

Admin

Torlyn |

6351375915 replied at 2020-09-09 00:21:13
Torlyn. The man, the myth, the legend. Thanks for helping me out last time :)

I've just began the return process so if you can't figure it out, no worries.

No worries friend, sorry about the hassle in the first place. I hope the return is smooth.

Anyway, IF you order a global handset (and I mean a proper global, not a Chinese handset that a dicey seller reflashes with the global ROM and pockets the difference), AND it has native NFC, G pay will work. You really have to be careful reading the listing (there are little pointers that a phone is dicey, like ''international'' or ''multi language'' version, AVOID), if you see something that tempts you but you're not a 100pct sure, feel free to PM me the listing and I'll see if it rings true.
2020-09-09 14:49:46

Rookie Bunny

Torlyn
No worries friend, sorry about the hassle in the first place. I hope the return is smooth.

Anyway, IF you order a global handset (and I mean a proper global, not a Chinese handset that a dicey seller reflashes with the global ROM and pockets the difference), AND it has native NFC, G pay will work. You really have to be careful reading the listing (there are little pointers that a phone is dicey, like ''international'' or ''multi language'' version, AVOID), if you see something that tempts you but you're not a 100pct sure, feel free to PM me the listing and I'll see if it rings true.

I found a device on eBay, brand new but all the description says is...

PLEASE NOTE: THIS HANDSET RUNS ON A CHINESE ROM AND AS SUCH SOME THINGS CANNOT BE CHANGED (LAUNCHER AND MESSAGING APPS) AND THERE ARE A FEW PRE INSTALLED APPS WHICH ARE CHINESE

PLAY STORE CAN BE ADDED WITH EASE AS CAN ALL THE PLAY STORE APPS.

PHONE COMES FULLY BOXED WITH UNUSED EARPHONES, CASE, CHARGING LEAD AND PLUG WITH 3 PIN ADAPTOR

Does this sound like one you'd avoid? Cheers
2020-09-10 05:30:14

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Bargepole springs to mind 😂😂😂
2020-09-10 13:52:10

Admin

Torlyn |

6351375915 replied at 2020-09-09 22:30:14

Seriously though, Chinese ROM phones are for China, they are made for that market and do not fare well outside of it. You generally have different hardware (things like bands for 4g, so you don't get great network performance here), but the software is made for there too, and no matter how you tweak it for use in the West, it doesn't quite gel, which is why Xiaomi has global (and global EEA) ROMs, so that it's not completely baffling to users.

As for google apps, if you have a Chinese handset with a global rom or with flashed google apps, they really do not cooperate well, if at all (I'd use as an example a competitor that got banned by google recently, and no matter what you do to their phones, they simply don't run right without it).
So yes, proper global all the way, unless you're a very old hand at custom ROMs and flashing, and you don't mind having a project instead of a working day-to-day phone :P
2020-09-10 14:30:24

Rookie Bunny

Torlyn
Seriously though, Chinese ROM phones are for China, they are made for that market and do not fare well outside of it. You generally have different hardware (things like bands for 4g, so you don't get great network performance here), but the software is made for there too, and no matter how you tweak it for use in the West, it doesn't quite gel, which is why Xiaomi has global (and global EEA) ROMs, so that it's not completely baffling to users.

As for google apps, if you have a Chinese handset with a global rom or with flashed google apps, they really do not cooperate well, if at all (I'd use as an example a competitor that got banned by google recently, and no matter what you do to their phones, they simply don't run right without it).

Lmao bargepole it is.

I downloaded the MiStore, there's some nice devices on there tbf. I might just get one of those.

The Mi 10 looks nice, abit pricey but worth it if it means I won't have to listen to a certain family member telling me how much better their Oppo find x2 pro is anymore. Cheers mate.  
2020-09-11 07:46:10

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Lmao bargepole it is.

I downloaded the MiStore, there's some nice devices on there tbf. I might just get one of those.

Mwaha, yeah, I know the feeling, tech rivalries in a family can be tiresome. The mi 10 is a really nice piece of kit, well worth the money IMO, but the best bit is that it regularly gets vouchers and promotions, so might be worth keeping an eye out for these if you don't need it right now.
2020-09-11 14:42:09

Rookie Bunny

Torlyn
Mwaha, yeah, I know the feeling, tech rivalries in a family can be tiresome. The mi 10 is a really nice piece of kit, well worth the money IMO, but the best bit is that it regularly gets vouchers and promotions, so might be worth keeping an eye out for these if you don't need it right now.

The Amazon seller wouldn't give me a refund! Offered me a partial refund instead, or to repair any faults. Looks like I'm stuck with this device for at least the next few months as I was planning to put the £250 towards a new phone.

I should probably start a new thread for this but seeing as I'm here I'll just drop it.

Problems with the download folder in the app drawer on xiaomis? I've searched the forum and others have the same issue but the only suggested the 'super moderator' gave was it being because of the download path in the browser, this isn't the case at all. It's annoying having to use the file manager everytime! Any ideas whats going on there? Cheers  
2020-09-18 08:12:43

Admin

Torlyn |

6351375915 replied at 2020-09-18 01:12:43
The Amazon seller wouldn't give me a refund! Offered me a partial refund instead, or to repair any faults. Looks like I'm stuck with this device for at least the next few months as I was planning to put the £250 towards a new phone.

I should probably start a new thread for this but seeing as I'm here I'll just drop it.

Ok, then my advice is to escalate to amazon itself. They should sort it, tell them that you're making noise on the forums and that might do the trick (amazon is generally very good at making sure the sellers stay in line).

As for the download folder, I don't use it, or the basic file manager, what I have is a third party manager and one of its functionalities is that you can set up a shortcut to any folder on desktop.
2020-09-18 16:40:03