In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Photography

[Tutorial] [Photography Team] Understanding the PRO MODE in your Camera

2020-09-02 08:54:55
747 22

Hey there MI Fans,
I know most of you must have had difficulties finding your way around the PRO MODE (PROFESSIONAL MODE) on the Miui default camera but not to worry I got you covered.

In this thread I'm going to be doing a quick crash course that will guide you on how to understand and use the PRO MODE with less difficulties.
Let's check this out!

PRO MODE (PROFESSIONAL MODE)
PRO MODE lets you move beyond the simple “point and shoot” features by unlocking advanced adjustments settings, and letting you tweak just about every aspect of the photography experience.

When you open your Miui default camera you need to navigate to the PRO MODE just like in the image above.

In the PRO MODE, you'll be presented with a screen with multiple settings but not to worry I'll explain what each settings does.

WB (WHITE BALANCE)

White balance is the colour balance on a digital camera. It affects how much white light is in a shot, which ultimately affects all colors. This is what determines how warm (yellow) or cool (blue) a shot will look.
It has a bunch of settings ranging from auto, cloudy, sunny, incandescent, and fluorescent lights which can be toggled to get accurate colors in your image.

If you have ever noticed your photos skew a particular color, this might be why.

For beginners I'd advice you use AUTO for White balance settings as it does a pretty decent job.

F (FOCUS)

Focus refers to the state or quality of having or producing clear visual definition.

Focus point is simply the sharpest area of an image or the point of interest.

Pulling the slider towards the left would focus on close-up objects creating a blur background and pulling the slider towards the right would focus on farther objects.

S (SHUTTER SPEED)

Shutter speed refers to how long the image sensor is exposed to light when it passes through the lens.

Pulling the slider towards the left (1/1000 seconds) makes the image darker but captures the image faster without blur and pulling the slider towards the right (32 seconds) makes the image more brighter but captures the image with blurry movements and shakes so a tripod will be needed to help stabilize this kind of shot.

ISO (INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR STANDARDIZATION)

ISO refers to how sensitive the image sensor is to light. The lower the ISO, the less sensitive it is, and the sharper your image is with less noise. The higher you go, and the brighter the image gets, the more you risk noise or grain creeping into the shot.

Pulling the slider towards the left (100) makes the image darker and pulling the slider towards the right (3200) makes the image brighter but with grains in your images so you have to watch while you increase your ISO to make sure there's no presence of much noise that will ruin your shots.

EV (EXPOSURE COMPENSATION)

Exposure compensation is easy to identify because of its + and – symbols. PRO MODE will often do this automatically, but it is a setting you can adjust yourself.

Even if you have set the exposure to where you want it to be, this setting can tweak it to go a little lighter or darker.

Pulling the slider towards the left (-4) makes the image darker and pulling the slider towards the right (+4) makes the image brighter.

Exposure compensation comes in handy when you have set both your ISO and Shutter speed and the image is still not as exposed as you want it to be then you can use exposure compensation.

Hopefully you found this helpful.
If you have any question, feel free to ask in comments!

To Learn how to take AMAZING images with just your Xiaomi Device, check the link below:
LINK:
mi.com/thread-3041003-1-0.html?t=1588485914085

Now that you've learnt how to create MAGIC with just your Xiaomi Devices, FOLLOW ME, LIKE and leave a COMMENT if you want more contents like this.

Good Luck with your images.

STAY SAFE NIGERIA!!!

2020-09-02 08:54:55
Favorites21 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Elvis McCoy | from Redmi 8A

this is really good. thanks
2020-09-02 12:12:24

Mi Influencer

6ixGunz Author | from Redmi Note 7

Elvis McCoy
this is really good. thanks

Welcome 😁
2020-09-02 14:45:19
6LACK CHILD

Master Bunny

SuHaNi ChAuHaN | from Redmi 4

It's Really Helpful for me. thanks for the sharing this amazing topic.
2020-09-02 23:52:24

Mi Influencer

SuHaNi ChAuHaN
It's Really Helpful for me. thanks for the sharing this amazing topic.

You're Welcome 😉
2020-09-02 23:55:21
6LACK CHILD

Pro Bunny

Favour Ajibade | from app

Thanks a lot.
2020-09-03 07:05:06

Mi Influencer

Favour Ajibade
Thanks a lot.

Welcome 😉