In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Q & A] will xiaomi ever make a budget tablet?

2020-09-01 19:16:36
193 11
So I'm an upcoming art enthusiast who loves to draw anime. I currently use my finger and Poco F2 pro to draw which is great as there is no notch or punchhole. However, I was wondering if Xiaomi will ever consider making tablets with a stylus cause let's face it the top tablets out there from other companies r rlly expensive. I know that Xiaomi is an ace at creating amazing budget friendly products so I'm confused as to why there are no tablets?!
2020-09-01 19:16:36
Favorites1 RateRate

Admin

Torlyn | from app

From what I can see, android tablets are a dead category, unless you look at cheap versions only used for media usage. The ones that are in the higher spec brackets are windows one, more convertible pc than tablet, and are expensive for a reason, as the components are the ones you'd get in a medium to high range laptop. And as laptops already have notoriously low margins, hard to cut that down further (especially since the graphic artists are more likely to get a laptop/desktop with a high grade graphics card, something you can't cram in a tablet , and use a wacom second screen with them, as it's simply more productive)
2020-09-01 20:03:05

Advanced Bunny

Kiefer | from app

Xiaomi is produce so many devices, maybe they will. But the android tabs never was a good option for users. They are too slow etc...
2020-09-02 06:47:06

Pro Bunny

vader77darth | from app

if they did. they would need to do a lot of work to make the software good. Android os on a table isn't very good and would take a lot of effort to make it as good as something like an iPad.
2020-09-02 15:03:22

Pro Bunny

RandomTask | from app

Mi already have a drawing tablet if it's for anime, not sure if it's any good but looks it
2020-09-02 17:35:28

Admin

Torlyn |

RandomTask replied at 2020-09-02 10:35:28
Mi already have a drawing tablet if it's for anime, not sure if it's any good but looks it

Ah, you might have hit the spot on that, we all automatically assumed the author meant tablet as in slate computer, but it might indeed be as in accessory :)
2020-09-02 21:09:22

Pro Bunny

RandomTask | from app

Torlyn
Ah, you might have hit the spot on that, we all automatically assumed the author meant tablet as in slate computer, but it might indeed be as in accessory :)

I assumed the main purpose was for drawing anime in which case this would be perfect, I'd buy one as it's pretty cheap but im terrible at drawing, lol
2020-09-02 21:21:56

Pro Bunny

RandomTask | from app

why do replies keep coming up with "false:"?
2020-09-02 21:23:10

Admin

Torlyn |

RandomTask replied at 2020-09-02 14:23:10
why do replies keep coming up with "false:"?

Slight bug in the platform, I think coming from the rejigging of the notification system. Anyway, to go back to the point, tried using ''blind'' tablets, always has a massive disconnect from what was happening on the screen that I never really went past it (and did that a few times because new kit is shiny). But the first time I used a display tablet (ie, a second monitor with a pen input) I was utterly hooked :)
2020-09-02 23:28:10

Semi Pro Bunny

1895131133 | from app

I use a Samsung Tab S4. it's recently been updated to android 10 and has a stylus.  The latest Samsung tablet is now s7 so you should be able to pick up S4 for a more reasonable price. Very stable with a decent screen.
2020-09-03 15:17:49

Rookie Bunny

6333235643 | from app

I've a Samsung Tab A 10.5" nearly 2 yrs now and  I still prefer it over a basic laptop if a mobile phone anyday . It depends on the user. I don't think tablets should be a dead market but I do like that the prices are scaling down because some brands like Samsung have realised you don't buy a tablet to take pictures or write a thesis on. you buy it for streaming movies and TV, watching YouTube at stupid o clock at night , drawing , drawing straight in the screen of a tablet is much easier than using an accessory which connects to your laptop or desktop.
My young daughter is mad into drawing and of course ,yup, anime characters. she just got an Appli iPad Mini 5 with money she had saved up. we will be the the stylus for her birthday. I spent weeks trying to convince her to get a Samsung , one of the higher ranked models , some even come with an S pen. .but she wasnt interested because people rave over the apple drawing apps too much. theres a bit of a market still there for tablets if companies focused on then for a user creativity point of view.
ps what's the Xiaomi tablet
2020-09-05 21:17:39