In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

happybuddhist replied at 2020-08-27 15:59:21
Do you have other regions available in your Settings? Face unlock isn't removed, AFAIK. It must be an issue with the region only. Which region are you (in settings)?

Ok, i thought they removed because i had the region set to India (i'm not from india) and the face unlock method wasn't there.. (eventho' in miui 11 with india region it was available). So now i switched to UK and there is the face unlock method..
2020-08-27 21:55:01

Super moderator

happybuddhist Author | from MI 9

dreamsy
Ok, i thought they removed because i had the region set to India (i'm not from india) and the face unlock method wasn't there.. (eventho' in miui 11 with india region it was available). So now i switched to UK and there is the face unlock method..

It's still available in India though (atleast in my devices). Anyway, glad you got it working.
Cheers! :-)
2020-08-28 08:28:40
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series
happybuddhist replied at 2020-08-28 03:28:40
It's still available in India though (atleast in my devices). Anyway, glad you got it working.

In your mix 3?! Because in mine there isn't. Look at the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfvaKQitmoM
2020-08-28 21:00:50

Pro Bunny

Fildanis Fikri | from Mi MIX 3

i need confirmation here... anyone can change region? my phone set china...cannot change to other region...
2020-08-28 23:32:12

Advanced Bunny

dreamsy | from Mi MIX 3

Fildanis Fikri
i need confirmation here... anyone can change region? my phone set china...cannot change to other region...

i can change it, but face unlock works only for united kingdom for me.. it seems theres a bug with region. try a reset maybe it will fix
2020-08-29 01:14:55

Pro Bunny

Fildanis Fikri | from Mi MIX 3

dreamsy
i can change it, but face unlock works only for united kingdom for me.. it seems theres a bug with region. try a reset maybe it will fix

thank you for rplying...but reseting is not help...am googling to fix it need custom recovery but my phone still on stock...just waiting for public stable...hope fix...lol...
2020-08-29 01:57:29

Rookie Bunny

benjamin_bt_ | from Mi MIX 3

YouTube PiP doesn't seem to work properly since the update. (I have Premium, so it's not the issue)
It randomly triggers but most of the time it won't work even when I try to do it from the recent apps.
2020-08-29 02:09:19

Advanced Bunny

dreamsy | from Mi MIX 3

Hey i may sound a bit annoying to the devs/mods by reporting now everything..... but i found and know a bug since miui 11 so i have to report it as well.
So basically MIUI setting which allows you to see the available RAM is showing a fake number of available ram. For example is showing me i have 3 gb / 6 gb available but in real is way less.
I installed two apps which allows me to see the real available ram (ram monitor & aida64) and in BOTH of them the available ram is the same and differs from what miui says.
Report id is 506645386
Video : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6s4Y8yYg8
2020-08-29 11:42:23

Master Bunny

Chrisaus | from Mi MIX 3

The MIUI 12 release downloaded quickly and installed seamlessly. The design changes are attractive, but of course require some new learning to get to use them efficiently. After one day of use it seems to be working flawlessly.
Thank you developers for your work on this.
2020-08-29 15:50:51

Super moderator

happybuddhist Author | from MI 9

dreamsy
Hey i may sound a bit annoying to the devs/mods by reporting now everything..... but i found and know a bug since miui 11 so i have to report it as well.
So basically MIUI setting which allows you to see the available RAM is showing a fake number of available ram. For example is showing me i have 3 gb / 6 gb available but in real is way less.
I installed two apps which allows me to see the real available ram (ram monitor & aida64) and in BOTH of them the available ram is the same and differs from what miui says.

Not at all. Your feedback is very much needed. That's the reason we post threads like these.
But do note that this is not actually an issue. Free RAM is wasted RAM, and MIUI's RAM management is a bit aggressive. Also, the third party apps may not be using the same algorithm as the system to read the available RAM. It's dependent on that particular dev and so RAM figures may vary. What matters is if your device works well with the available resources - if it does, then it's all well and good.
2020-08-29 15:55:21
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series