In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[Discussion] 2020 August 5. An official store in Russia sold a defective smartphone Poco F2 Pro.

2020-08-10 04:26:30
277 8
I purchased a Poco F2 Pro smartphone from the official store of Xiaomi Russia. But when I opened the package I received, I found that the smartphone contains a factory defect.

Namely, when the power button is turned on, the display lights up, but the display does not respond to touch or finger presses. When you press a combination of buttons "Reset to factory settings" - the display has a black background, you can see a hare in a hat with a red star repairing a green Android robot.

I went to the store, they said to send back to them. But I have already made full payment. And I'm afraid the store will come up with any reason not to return the money. Because I live in Russia, and I have solid reasons for this.
  Order and payment from 2020, July 29. Order number 5200730890000026.

Question. Can I give this smartphone to the Official Servise Center, for tests?

2020-08-10 04:26:30
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

JRRiquelme | from Mi 9T Pro

I really don't know what comercial policies apply in you country . But I get used to test the unit before I leave the store , basic tests , and the review of the package content . Also we have a 3 days change rule for whatever hardware malfunction could happen . Passed this time it's guarantee that give the coverage needed .
2020-08-10 06:13:51
JRRiquelme replied at 2020-08-09 22:13:51
I really don't know what comercial policies apply in you country . But I get used to test the unit before I leave the store , basic tests , and the review of the package content . Also we have a 3 days change rule for whatever hardware malfunction could happen . Passed this time it's guarantee that give the coverage needed .

I agree that the product must be checked upon purchase. The fact is that my order (product) was delivered from an online store by courier. And the courier refused to check. In our country, there are transport companies whose courier allows checking the goods only if it was paid for it. These are the rules for their work. For this reason, this whole situation arose.
2020-08-11 15:03:29
This problem, which I wrote above, may not be related to the Xiaomi company. I did an independent test. I bought another smartphone of another brand (Motorola) through a Russian online store. And when this order (product) arrived at the point of issue, I opened its original packaging and checked it. The strangest thing is that this smartphone had the same problem! It seems that the device went on sale in Russia without firmware (Operating System). That is, as a buyer, I have only two options for actions. Or not buy smartphones from global brands in the Internet shops. Or take the purchased smartphone to a service center here in Russia, and then it is flashed with a  Russian-approved  firmware. In our country, a criminal law is in force, forcing all foreign smartphones to be flashed only with firmware approved by the local special services.
Of course, everyone can try to flash a smartphone on their own, with an international firmware taken from the official Xiaomi website. But in this case, it very often happens that the smartphone turns into a brick, and the owner of the smartphone again goes to the service center, where the firmware on the smartphone is restored for him for money.
2020-08-11 15:16:16

Master Bunny

JRRiquelme | from Mi 9T Pro

Sergej_RU_SPb
This problem, which I wrote above, may not be related to the Xiaomi company. I did an independent test. I bought another smartphone of another brand (Motorola) through a Russian online store. And when this order (product) arrived at the point of issue, I opened its original packaging and checked it. The strangest thing is that this smartphone had the same problem! It seems that the device went on sale in Russia without firmware (Operating System). That is, as a buyer, I have only two options for actions. Or not buy smartphones from global brands in the Internet shops. Or take the purchased smartphone to a service center here in Russia, and then it is flashed with a  Russian-approved  firmware. In our country, a criminal law is in force, forcing all foreign smartphones to be flashed only with firmware approved by the local special services.
Of course, everyone can try to flash a smartphone on their own, with an international firmware taken from the official Xiaomi website. But in this case, it very often happens that the smartphone turns into a brick, and the owner of the smartphone again goes to the service center, where the firmware on the smartphone is restored for him for money.

Thanks for your kind explanation . It brings a clear knowledge how the things work in Russia . Probably I will never need this information but always is good to know . Thanks  I really appreciate your words
2020-08-12 01:32:40

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from app

Your decision should be based on your countries consumer/legal rights .
  In my country a service centre would refuse to touch or receive the phone as my legal contract is with the seller .
   I could demand refund or exchange and consumer law protects me . If seller was difficult  I could contact my credit card company and I would get my money back .
  You need to follow your countries consumer rights policy and complaint procedure .
2020-08-12 02:52:31
Sarge7 replied at 2020-08-11 18:52:31
Your decision should be based on your countries consumer/legal rights .
  In my country a service centre would refuse to touch or receive the phone as my legal contract is with the seller .
   I could demand refund or exchange and consumer law protects me . If seller was difficult  I could contact my credit card company and I would get my money back .

You are speaking basic truths. Nobody tries to dispute this. There are trade rules and they should work. Politicians come and go, but there will always be trade. Fair trade is what our world is based on.
2020-08-13 00:17:39

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from app

Sergej_RU_SPb
You are speaking basic truths. Nobody tries to dispute this. There are trade rules and they should work. Politicians come and go, but there will always be trade. Fair trade is what our world is based on.

Contact the service centre and see what they say .
  It is difficult for us to give constructive advice as you know how things work in your country and reasons for your worry and concern .which would not be the case in Western Europe .
2020-08-13 05:17:03
Sarge7 replied at 2020-08-12 21:17:03
Contact the service centre and see what they say .
  It is difficult for us to give constructive advice as you know how things work in your country and reasons for your worry and concern .which would not be the case in Western Europe .

A very problematic way to unlock the MIUI 12 bootloader. I spent a few evenings of my life doing this. Reading and communicating at the Russian-language Forum dedicated to this topic is an additional source of stress and tension. Why is XIAOMI creating all these problems? Obviously, the buyer will install the universal firmware MIUI 12 Global European, which updates the fastest. Local firmware for Russia is rubbish that nobody needs.

2020-08-18 04:56:11