In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Q & A] Mi smart gateway 3 not listed in Xiaomi home

2020-08-06 23:42:49
751 8
I have just had a Xiaomi gateway 3 delivered but can't get it connected to Xiaomi home as it's not listed. I have tried various names eg smart hub etc but it does not appear and cannot be added. Any suggestions?
2020-08-06 23:42:49
Favorites1 RateRate

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Try and change the server, some products are region specific
2020-08-07 00:46:06

Semi Pro Bunny

john mat Author | from app

thanks. yes. I managed to install using China as a region. problem is that now none of my other items can be seen! I think it's necessary to do factory reset on many to get them registered with China. very annoying as I have 4 fire alarms on order that are best used with a gateway.
2020-08-07 01:07:03

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

thanks. yes. I managed to install using China as a region. problem is that now none of my other items can be seen! I think it's necessary to do factory reset on many to get them registered with China. very annoying as I have 4 fire alarms on order that are best used with a gateway.

Yeah, I have to admit that having the localised system for the servers is far from ideal
2020-08-07 02:40:33

Pro Bunny

RandomTask | from app

I assume the gateway is used so each device can talk to each other (for "IF"s)? I only have the bulb and 360 cam but hope to add more gadgets in future

Is it the gateway that is connected to server or each device? If device, can they still communicate if one is set to China and one UK?
2020-08-07 22:44:30

Semi Pro Bunny

the latest gateway v3 also provides an interface for Bluetooth items so that you can access them when you are away from home. it's also compatible with ZigBee and the apple home network. it should allow you to control anything connected to it using smart commands eg use a Xiaomi Bluetooth temperature guage to control air conditioning or have lights turn on when you arrive home. my interest is to connect the Xiaomi smoke alarms which can then send you a message on your phone of smoke is detected
2020-08-08 01:48:48

Semi Pro Bunny

My understanding is that the gateway connects various smart home items together as well as to  your router. The router then connects to the server/region that you choose within the mi home app. When I used the Chinese server recently it was incredibly slow. Each time I changed the server I had to log in again. I am currently now using the Singapore region server as it is fast and has a good selection of supported products but not the gateway 3. I am hoping gateway 3 will get support soon but maybe it will require a global version with EU certification etc
2020-08-17 16:28:09

Mi Blogger

Kenny_P | from app

it's on the EU server now btw
2021-01-15 08:06:54

Rookie Bunny

JaviBCN | from mobile

Torlyn
Try and change the server, some products are region specific

They have added Gateway 3 to EU server recently
2021-04-18 19:36:54