In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Other] ETA for system bug fixing or refund

2020-08-05 09:06:12
348 7
Hello,

I'm not asking an ETA for MIUI12 but for the well known bugs about wifi and gps.
They are known since april. We were asked to be patient that all bugs will be fixed with MIUI12 by the end of may or june, then July, then august, now by the end of september according to the following post #72 https://c.mi.com/thread-3246258-1-0.html

I don't care if it is MIUI12 or 11, I just want a fix for those annoying system bugs or a refund. On an average lifespan of 30 months for a smartphone, more than 10% of the lifespan has been with those system bugs!

Please give us a reasonable expected time for the fix or tell us how to ask for a refund, according to european laws
2020-08-05 09:06:12
Favorites RateRate
The list provided there is for China ROM only. It doesn't apply to us. Note that many of the devices mentioned there running Global ROM has already received / are receiving Beta Stable / Stable versions of MIUI 12. For updates on Global ROM, you may check out the MIUI 12 Global Update Tracker here : https://c.mi.com/thread-3126620-1-0.html

I am aware of the bugs in this device as I am the one updating these to the relevant team. But as you know, I don't handle the development and I can only share the details I've been given by them. So for now, we don't have an ETA. For all we know, many of the issues in Note 9 got fixed when it got MIUI 12. Note that it received the update first because it has a Chinese variant (Redmi 10X 4G) which already got MIUI 12. Since this variant doesn't have a similar Chinese counterpart, we may have to wait. But I would suggest not follow the Chinese list as many of those devices have already got MIUI 12 (atleast the new ones). So kindly have patience.

Cheers! :-)
2020-08-05 10:19:10
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro
happybuddhist replied at 2020-08-05 04:19:10
The list provided there is for China ROM only. It doesn't apply to us. Note that many of the devices mentioned there running Global ROM has already received / are receiving Beta Stable / Stable versions of MIUI 12. For updates on Global ROM, you may check out the MIUI 12 Global Update Tracker here : https://c.mi.com/thread-3126620-1-0.html

I am aware of the bugs in this device as I am the one updating these to the relevant team. But as you know, I don't handle the development and I can only share the details I've been given by them. So for now, we don't have an ETA. For all we know, many of the issues in Note 9 got fixed when it got MIUI 12. Note that it received the update first because it has a Chinese variant (Redmi 10X 4G) which already got MIUI 12. Since this variant doesn't have a similar Chinese counterpart, we may have to wait. But I would suggest not follow the Chinese list as many of those devices have already got MIUI 12 (atleast the new ones). So kindly have patience.

Thank you for your answer, but waiting is not an option anymore.

Italian customer service told me that Galileo is not supported in Redmi Note 9 Pro, so according to italian and european law I want to be refund.

Please let me know how to get refunded.
2020-08-05 21:04:52

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Simone-it
Thank you for your answer, but waiting is not an option anymore.

Italian customer service told me that Galileo is not supported in Redmi Note 9 Pro, so according to italian and european law I want to be refund.

Just checked with the team. They have been told by the devs that Galileo is not supported. But yes - it was advertised in the official website, like we had discussed in another thread. You may contact the customer service for further proceedings. Since this is a user-based community, we cannot do anything regarding refunds. You'll get better response in this regard by the service team.
2020-08-05 21:08:53
happybuddhist replied at 2020-08-05 15:08:53
Just checked with the team. They have been told by the devs that Galileo is not supported. But yes - it was advertised in the official website, like we had discussed in another thread. You may contact the customer service for further proceedings. Since this is a user-based community, we cannot do anything regarding refunds. You'll get better response in this regard by the service team.

Thank you for your answer, but what a disappointment
2020-08-05 21:14:19

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Simone-it
Thank you for your answer, but what a disappointment

I understand, but this is the update we received regarding this. Hopefully, MIUI 12 would fix the other bugs, as they have told us that they are working on it, but I'm not so sure about Galileo. We'll have to wait and see.
2020-08-05 21:17:53

Rookie Bunny

Dacevedo | from app

happybuddhist
I understand, but this is the update we received regarding this. Hopefully, MIUI 12 would fix the other bugs, as they have told us that they are working on it, but I'm not so sure about Galileo. We'll have to wait and see.

Hello, Will MIUI 12 solve the Wifi disconnection issue for Redmi Note series?
2020-08-07 02:34:06
Dacevedo replied at 2020-08-07 00:04:06
Hello, Will MIUI 12 solve the Wifi disconnection issue for Redmi Note series?

That's what we've been told. But we'll wait for the actual release before jumping into conclusions.
2020-08-07 08:54:00