In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F2 Pro

[Q&A] MIUI ROM: Installing China Rom On POCO F2 Pro

2020-08-01 01:17:34
1530 20
Hi everyone, thinking about installing China Rom (specifically V12.0.5.0.QJKCNXM or V12.0.5.0.QJKCNXM MI Vendor Updater).
Has anyone tried installing roms like this? What will happen if i went ahead with this?

all thoughts, opionions and ideas are welcome.

Back Story
I was trying to buy Redmi K30 Pro Zoom but couldn't find one. and everyone kept saying poco f2 pro is the same as k30 pro So i settled for poco f2 pro and boy was i disappointed.
You see I have been using redmi note 4x running china rom. I had most of the setting down and locked down.
eventhough Mi Mover has brought my files and setting to poco im still lacking essential features like call recording and data restriction setting. I mean every time GAPPS seem to be downloading something and I dont like it. I want better control of my phone like i want to restrict all app from using wifi and data, just like on my old phone.
And also im not a fan of the phone, message and app drawer.

Now im looking into installing the comfy China rom on my phone or getting more control on what GAPPs and other "system apps" download and upload.
Thank you for reading.

2020-08-01 01:17:34
Favorites2 RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

anticriszta | from app

Same here. I want Chinese rom on my poco f2 pro
2020-08-20 19:34:47
actually I use Redmi k30 pro to flash POCO ROM, I think China Version rom is bullshit, too many ads. and not support google kit.
2020-08-23 11:40:46
zhangsy replied at 2020-08-23 06:40:46
actually I use Redmi k30 pro to flash POCO ROM, I think China Version rom is bullshit, too many ads. and not support google kit.

I Dare to Disagree. China Rom is slicker faster and over all better. And ads oh my god google ads is the most annoying thing ever just yesterday ads came popping up on the dialer and File manager.
check here

(for those checking in, i still have not yet installed china rom on my poco f2 pro.
currently I'm still using my redmi note 4x running chinese rom for most of my work and poco f2 pro for some games and apps
)

Google users I don't know how you do it. all that spying and targeted ads. and im my opinion the dailer and contacts app and messages app are horrible on the poco f2 pro phone. no call recorder.

btw did you know you can get google services and google play installed on the chinese rom
2020-08-24 15:31:58
new owner
anticriszta replied at 2020-08-20 14:34:47
Same here. I want Chinese rom on my poco f2 pro

i have been looking at some guides and all of them require
  • unlocked bootloader
  • TWRP pre installed
these are pretty easy things to do but you might lose some default functions (like - find my phone)

Soon i will try installing chinese rom and will let you know all the steps to doing it.

wish me luck

2020-08-24 15:44:57
new owner

Semi Pro Bunny

anticriszta | from app

justboughtPOCOF2
i have been looking at some guides and all of them require
  • unlocked bootloader

• I was using Chinese version on my redmi note 7 Europe version. I'm waiting to unlock bootloader for 4 days more. I know how to do it, but my question is: Are we sure that the rom for k30 pro is compatible with poco f2 pro?
    2020-08-24 16:51:46
    I'm thinking of installing this rom or miui eu rom because of dialer/phonebook issue. I'm a previous mi max user and it really annoys me specially this poco dialer and phonebook. I cannot easily find the call history of a specific caller and call recording is not present.
    2020-08-27 12:53:09

Semi Pro Bunny

anticriszta | from Redmi K30 Pro

Made it. It works perfectly.
    2020-08-29 05:36:52
    anticriszta replied at 2020-08-29 00:36:52
    Made it. It works perfectly.

May you please post Steps/Guide and Screenshots (Especially phone, contacts and message apps. also does the call recorder function work?)
    and any heads up you might have for us would be much appreciated.

2020-08-29 19:21:57
    new owner
    Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #9
    mi_jc_mi replied at 2020-08-27 07:53:09
    I'm thinking of installing this rom or miui eu rom because of dialer/phonebook issue. I'm a previous mi max user and it really annoys me specially this poco dialer and phonebook. I cannot easily find the call history of a specific caller and call recording is not present.

I hear you family! I believe
    anticriszta
    has successfully done it. lets just wait for her guide so we do it ourselves.
    2020-08-29 19:27:03
    new owner