In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

[Q&A] Cannot connect my phone to Mi PC Suite

2020-07-11 15:53:28
212 2
EDIT: I found a solution! I connected a mouse using a USB-C to USB adapter. Didn't think that would work that easily! From here I can unlock the phone and turn on USB sharing.

Original Post:

Hi there

The screen of my Xiaomi Mi6 is broken and I cannot use it anymore. I have got a new phone now but I want to recover the data from my old phone. For this I started the phone in recovery mode (pressing power + volume up) and I downloaded the Xiaomi Assistant (pcsuite.mi.com).

Now, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB, I get a notification from windows that the phone was connected, but the Mi PC Suite does not detect the phone.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? Or is there any other way to recover data from an unusable phone?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2020-07-11 15:53:28
Favorites RateRate
Hey,

You can try connecting the phone via MTP mode and copy paste data.
2020-07-13 11:53:49
Crossfiree replied at 2020-07-13 05:53:49
Hey,

You can try connecting the phone via MTP mode and copy paste data.

Thank you for your answer.

I think, for MTP I need to turn on USB sharing on my phone, right? The problem with this is that my touchscreen is not responding and I can only see half of the screen.

Is there a way to turn on USB sharing without using the touchscreen?

EDIT: I found a solution! I connected a mouse using a USB-C to USB adapter. Didn't think that would work that easily!

2020-07-13 19:36:58