In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Discussion] How is your Mi Mix 3 holding up?

2020-07-08 16:14:34
743 11
Hi! I will probably buy the Mi Mix 3 in the following weeks as birthday gift to myself ;-)
But before doing so, I would love some feedback from the current Mi Mix 3 users. Are you enjoying it? How's the slide mechanism hold up? And what about battery life?
Please feel free to add anything you find necessary. And thank you in advance for your kindness =)SHAREit Appvn

2020-07-08 16:14:34
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

imre96 | from Mi MIX 3

The phone is fast and great. It lacks the essential security updates and the battery isn't the best after ~1,5 years. Slider is fine
2020-07-09 03:41:34
The phone is a beast. It's 2020 and this phone's from 2018 but I'm keeping up with anybody's S20 or iPhone 11. It won't be as fast as Huawei's latest devices. The fact is Qualcomm just isn't as good as HiSilicon but MIX 3 is still plenty fast so you shouldn't feel too left behind against something like the Mate 30.

It's a Xiaomi device so even though the battery is only 3200mAh you'll have at least 1 full day of use per charge. Back when it was new I was getting at least 2 full days of moderate use. It is really incredible how well MIUI manages power.

The slider really holds up. Xiaomi wasn't kidding about the guaranteed 300,000 slides. It is still pretty hard to accidentally slide open. Plus since most phones don't have this feature you'll end up looking like a secret agent to all your friends who don't know about it. Seriously it was my party trick for 2019. This especially becomes the case when you use Face Unlock.

But besides that stuff you know I was against it before but Xiaomi did a good job with the "AI button" they added to this and future phones. You can set additional features to the button so like I have it set to open up my messenger app. You can actually set the slider to do things too like open up the camera or a specific app or a special drawer feature with tons of shortcuts.

This phone is just incredible. I could talk on and on about it.
Actually I have talked on and on about it.
2020-07-10 03:56:32

Advanced Bunny

Jesús93 | from Mi MIX 3 5G

DON'T buy this phone, there are better from other brands, just look the problems in the forum with the support for 4G and 5G versions. One plus or iPhone are better! Cheers!
2020-07-11 04:06:18

Semi Pro Bunny

MagnumArrow | from Mi MIX 3

don't buy the mix 3 5g variant. due to lack of sales, the company is supporting the device with updates. also, it is a nearly 3 year old device. there are other new models available in the market.
2020-07-14 11:15:31

Advanced Bunny

plsh2me | from Mi MIX 3 5G

It's a 5g levelled 4g phone, I always have problem with 5g here in the UK . After release it haven't received any major update, will never receive.
You will stuck your new phone, with old firmware.
Read the thread here, people are struggling to get a minimum support from the company. But they don't care.
2020-07-14 17:23:47
天 经 地 米 replied at 2020-07-09 15:56:32
The phone is a beast. It's 2020 and this phone's from 2018 but I'm keeping up with anybody's S20 or iPhone 11. It won't be as fast as Huawei's latest devices. The fact is Qualcomm just isn't as good as HiSilicon but MIX 3 is still plenty fast so you shouldn't feel too left behind against something like the Mate 30.

It's a Xiaomi device so even though the battery is only 3200mAh you'll have at least 1 full day of use per charge. Back when it was new I was getting at least 2 full days of moderate use. It is really incredible how well MIUI manages power.

Been a few months and now I'm playing Genshin Impact with this phone. It is a BEAST!!!

So if you go online you'll find a few people playing the mobile version (since this game is so fleshed out most people are treating it as a full PC/console game) they'll explain that you need a phone from this year or at the least last year. The ones I found talk about either using the S20 from Samsung or you'll face some lag and responsiveness issues with the older S10. S10 released only in 2019. I'm on the Mi MIX 3 from 2018 with the Snapdragon 845 compared to S10's 855. And I have faced zero lag. The game works like a charm! I am amazed! This phone holds up so well.

The only thing though is that it's now over a year old for my personal use and Genshin is a very heavy game. So battery life is somewhat of an issue. I only say that because I'll play for a few hours and notice that it's running low. So I'll have to stop playing to charge it. Of course charging it doesn't even take an hour so I'll be back in Teyvat before long and it's a good excuse to you know stand up and do stuff instead of gaming all day. Don't play games on your phone all day guys. It's bad for you. Even if Genshin is just so addicting you have to put it down. lol
2020-10-22 03:56:59

Advanced Bunny

dreamsy | from Mi MIX 3

i have the 4g variant with 6 gb ram for like 4 or 5 months maybe and I didn't had any problem with the phone. its super fast, the camera is not the best but its a decent one, for example instagram posts etc... the phone looks very premium and you will impress your friends and all when they will see it, i guarantee you. but keep in mind this phone its from 2018 so no more android version updates, and we don't know if it will get android 11 or not, but at least the android 10 with miui 11/12 has a lot to offer.
2020-10-24 04:09:44
The battery is hopeless, checked battery usage reports and there's nothing that stands out, just regular drain. Very poor performance. Some days it dies about 5pm. My Realme X2 lasts  a whole day easily, even with a lot of use
2020-10-26 22:43:49
You'll find that many UK fans feel let betrayed. 5G roll out was delayed and there are much better phones now for the money, The battery **s
2020-10-26 22:46:17

Rookie Bunny

pouria.lp | from Mi Note 10 Lite

hi what the amazfit gtrthe pershian
2020-11-10 10:38:05