In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Discussion] Next phone after Mi Mix 3 5G

2020-07-06 23:28:06
969 14
After Xiaomi left me with a bitter taste by not having any support for Mi Mix 3 5G I'm thinking for and upgrade.
Any recommendations?
The display, the form factor (i love simetric phones) and long term relaibility for the sofware is my main goal. Least concern are about the camera and the battery.
2020-07-06 23:28:06
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Jesús93 | from Mi MIX 3 5G

iPhone and you will receive guaranteed updates for 5 years. I will change my MIX 3 5G for the iPhone 11 Pro Max on October!
2020-07-07 06:11:31

Rookie Bunny

Greggreg | from Mi MIX 3 5G

Switched to Oneplus. Nice phone with long software support.
2020-07-07 21:57:14

Semi Pro Bunny

Criticaldany | from Mi MIX 3 5G

Huawei, realme, OPPO, Motorola, Apple are some of my pics for a next phone. Samsung has really bad support when it comes to new updates you still get security updates but old flagships die quick with them, Sony is pretty much dead at this point they screwed all their phones. Take your pick I would advise you to research a bit, but of all the brands that give the best support in terms of software updates is Apple no one else does it better.
2020-07-09 06:28:27

Rookie Bunny

6264562699 | from Mi MIX 3

The thing is look again for a mainstream Xiaomi. The new kids on the block are pocophone 2,any red mi note, or just any mi 10. I happy work my mi mix 3,no 5g.
2020-07-09 06:52:08

Semi Pro Bunny

Grendizer | from Mi MIX 3

OnePlus might be the better bet. Xiaomi make excellent phone, but if you buy high end you get crappy support
2020-07-09 07:46:25
It could fall on recent political atmosphere over in Europe that led to poor support for the very anticipated MIX 3 5G. I mean when you have people tearing down the 5G towers it makes it less appealing to work hard on updating the 5G device you released in those markets. It's terrible but it's business. You want to make sure the updates you work hard on will end up being useful to the most users.

The regular MIX 3 is still excellent and was upgraded to MIUI 12 in May which drastically enhanced the device's already incredible performance. I've been so impressed with it I made several threads on it.

But to be honest if you're dead set on leaving Xiaomi then I'd say the only one close to its performance might be Huawei. And I only say that because EMUI has been the only UI to successfully copy over MIUI 8's Second Space feature earlier this year. Samsung tried it and failed and other attempts by other companies were even less successful. I figure this must mean Huawei's the only one that can keep up with MIUI so it's probably the best bet. As for devices well Huawei's HiSilicon chipsets have been outperforming Qualcomm for a few years so you'll definitely have the faster phone.

But I wouldn't be doing you any favors if I didn't suggest that you stick it out with Xiaomi. You can't beat the best even if you happened to get a troubled device. My experience with Xiaomi has been nothing short of joy. MIX 3, MIX 2S, OG MIX, Mi 5, Mi 4, Redmi Note 4G. I've helped friends get Mi Note, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 5 and so on. They've been totally sold on Xiaomi too. Not only that but just being on a MIUI device means you get full access to all the AIoT devices in Xiaomi's catalog. That's the world's largest IoT platform. You're not going to get that with any other brand not even Huawei, Samsung or Apple.
2020-07-10 03:34:58
I would buy again Xiaomi like Mi10 Pro
I'm From China.China Vesion MIX 3 5G also doesn't have miui 12 & android 10
2020-07-16 19:07:23

Advanced Bunny

6275979553 | from Mi MIX 3 5G

Nice words, but what's the point of being the biggest on the IoT platform if the brand fails in the most basic, which is to launch a product without any upgrade. It's one thing to try to solve our problem, another thing is simply to ignore consumers.
If they were the big company that you claim to be at least they would collect the equipment and give consumers options in exchange for other equipment. This thing of launching a mobile phone where it's dead shortly after, what do you think consumers think?
This is not done to anyone, no matter how much you want to appease with embellished texts. When I buy a phone I look at the hardware, but I seem to have made a mistake, I should have bought one for $100 that always has more upgrades than mine that cost 500.
2020-07-31 05:28:00

Pro Bunny

imre96 | from Mi MIX 3

天 经 地 米
It could fall on recent political atmosphere over in Europe that led to poor support for the very anticipated MIX 3 5G. I mean when you have people tearing down the 5G towers it makes it less appealing to work hard on updating the 5G device you released in those markets. It's terrible but it's business. You want to make sure the updates you work hard on will end up being useful to the most users.

The regular MIX 3 is still excellent and was upgraded to MIUI 12 in May which drastically enhanced the device's already incredible performance. I've been so impressed with it I made several threads on it.

What the hell are you talking about? The regular Mix 3 is still on MIUI 11... btw stop this, the 5G variant was abandoned by Xiaomi because of the poor sales figures which was mainly because of the high price...
2020-08-01 02:02:22
imre96 replied at 2020-07-31 14:02:22
What the hell are you talking about? The regular Mix 3 is still on MIUI 11... btw stop the bullshit, the 5G variant was abandoned by Xiaomi because of the poor sales figures which was mainly because of the high price...

Wow then what have I been using since May? Maybe before being a troll you should do your research. This is a MIUI fan site. Take your slander elsewhere.

And are you trying to make people laugh by talking about high prices? Check the other flagships on the market before you flap your gums please. At least give people a chance to try to take you seriously.
2020-08-01 02:15:20