In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[ROM] MIUI 11 Global Stable ROM v11.0.9.0.QJWMIXM for Redmi Note 9S with Android 10 Released : Update Now!

2020-06-28 19:47:19
2228 30
Dear Redmi Note 9S users,
Great news!!
The all new MIUI 11 Global Stable ROM v11.0.9.0.QJWMIXM for Redmi Note 9S [curtana] based on Android 10 is now available for download. Kindly check your Updater app for new updates or visit the download page (link below). Please leave your feedback after testing the device - it's very valuable for us.

For Flashing guide, read here:
1. Quick Guide To System Update
2. Detailed Guide to Unlock Bootloader and Flash MIUI Stable/Beta ROM!

⚠️ Important Notice :
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA before updating.
If you are switching from Developer/Beta ROMs, a clean flash is required and this will wipe all your data. This is recommended to prevent from causing any serious damage to your device.

WHAT'S NEW

System
  • Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
(Click on the ROM to download)

⚠️ Caution : This is for Redmi Note 9S [curtana] Global variant only. Please be advised to flash the correct ROM variant for your device to avoid any brick and/or other inconveniences.

Recovery ROM  (Size : 2.2 GB)

Fastboot ROM  (Size : 3.7 GB)

FIRMWARE INFO :

• Device name : Redmi Note 9S [curtana]
  • Region : Global
  • Software version : MIUI v11.0.9.0.QJWMIXM
  • Android OS : 10
  • Security patch level : June 2020

FLASHING GUIDE

If you face any issues with the new update, feel free to report them through here or the Feedback app. Kindly add logs and screenshots and/or videos (if applicable) for bug reports.

Enjoy the new update!

Best regards,
happybuddhist
Redmi Note 9S Moderator
2020-06-28 19:47:19
Favorites5 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Herman Cruz Jr. | from Redmi Note 9S

weird they released though bugs are still not fixed and many already made a feedback
2020-06-28 23:39:28

Moderador

happybuddhist Author |

Herman Cruz Jr. replied at 2020-06-29 09:09:28
weird they released though bugs are still not fixed and many already made a feedback

Haha. Yes. Well, it's the same update anyways - it's now released for everyone. That's all. Only critical bugs will be checked during Beta Stable release. So if there's none, they'll release it to public anyways.
2020-06-28 23:47:25
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

Pro Bunny

yeah sadly they did not reply on my feedback on app. wifi disconnection and widevine is critical
2020-06-28 23:50:50

Moderador

happybuddhist Author | from MI 9

Herman Cruz Jr.
yeah sadly they did not reply on my feedback on app. wifi disconnection and widevine is critical

They don't always reply. Those are already reported issues anyway. I believe they are working on MIUI 12, so I'd anticipate a bug fix with that only. Let's see.
Cheers! :-)
2020-06-28 23:53:29

Pro Bunny

happybuddhist
They don't always reply. Those are already reported issues anyway. I believe they are working on MIUI 12, so I'd anticipate a bug fix with that only. Let's see.

i see. so with miui 12 update i cant rollback in case i want to try downgrading. this regarding widevine L1 issue
2020-06-29 01:08:36

Moderador

happybuddhist Author | from MI 9

Herman Cruz Jr.
i see. so with miui 12 update i cant rollback in case i want to try downgrading. this regarding widevine L1 issue

Can't say that. Sometimes the ARB value won't change with MIUI 12 update, but we also cannot be sure. You can check the ARB value via ADB by the command 'fastboot getvar anti'. If, with a new update, the ARB value hasn't changed, then you can downgrade without the fear of bricking your device.
2020-06-29 01:33:38

Advanced Bunny

1693218736 | from Redmi Note 9S

when the phone rings,if press the power button the screen will turn off only for 1 sec and turn on fast again
2020-06-29 02:09:33
Far more shocking is this reply from the support to the user "zoko":
https://c.mi.com/thread-3124154-1-1.html      Post#9
Hello, At this moment I received a reply from a ticket that I opened on the phone with all the information related to this topic. I am shocked by the support response, where I now transcribe

"Dear Costumer,
The lastest conclusion given by the delevopment team is: Galileo is not supported, and L5 is only supported by the Indian Version, other globals are not supported
Sorry for convenience"

the id is 506056354.

Another situation that is unacceptable, on the official Xiaomi website in the specs, we have specific information that the equipment supports Galileo GPS satellite.

This, in addition to many others reported, should be reported to the legal regulatory. In legal terms Xiaomi has done and is doing misleading advertising.
I am sorry but this is not acceptable.
2020-06-29 04:35:54

Semi Pro Bunny

Gabsletobar | from Redmi Note 9S

I am very confused. On the about phone it says Security patch June, but on the security section says May.  (Settings > Security Status > Google Play system update).
2020-06-29 06:50:50

Moderador

happybuddhist Author |

Naroyas replied at 2020-06-29 14:05:54
Far more shocking is this reply from the support to the user "zoko":
https://c.mi.com/thread-3124154-1-1.html      Post#9

Just checked. I have replied in the original thread.
2020-06-29 06:59:54