In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Other] WIFI Sleep issues

2020-06-27 15:57:11
2382 46
Hi! I am using a redmi note 9 with MIUI 11.0.5 global stable and Android 10.
I am facing a issue where my wifi disconnects 5-10 mins after screen is locked. Even though all settings are set to prevent it from happening. This interrupts my uploads and background processes.
Is anyone else facing this? Is this a system bug? What can I do to fix this?
2020-06-27 15:57:11
Favorites2 RateRate
It is a known bug, since april. You can find a couple of thread about this bug

https://c.mi.com/thread-3014713-1-0.html

I found a workaround for this bug. If your router allows, you can disable Group Key Update Period in WPA settings.
Please note disabling key update could possibly cause security issues on your network.

Anyway please report bug throug the app, so maybe our bug is solved more quickly
2020-06-27 21:05:13

Rookie Bunny

UsmanRashid Author | from app

Thanks a lot for replying. That's really appalling from Xiaomi. I am a new user and I wasn't expecting this. I'll be trying your work around and sending them plenty of reports because this is simply unacceptable.
2020-06-28 00:17:13
UsmanRashid replied at 2020-06-27 18:17:13
Thanks a lot for replying. That's really appalling from Xiaomi. I am a new user and I wasn't expecting this. I'll be trying your work around and sending them plenty of reports because this is simply unacceptable.

You are welcome, I hope a fix will be released soon, but I'm not very confident...
2020-06-28 00:40:02

Rookie Bunny

You are welcome, I hope a fix will be released soon, but I'm not very confident...

If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you confident? Does xiaomi have a history of not responding to bug reports?
2020-06-28 01:04:17
UsmanRashid replied at 2020-06-27 19:04:17
If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you confident? Does xiaomi have a history of not responding to bug reports?

I don't know what is the "standard" time for bug fixing (it's my first Xiaomi device), but this bug is known since the mid of april and it is still not fixed. I think there was plenty of time until now to fix it.

Right now offices are closed until 2nd of July for a chinese holiday.
Probably development team is also working a lot for MIUI12, so I don't expect a bug fix until the mid of July or even until MIUI12 release
2020-06-28 01:17:52

Semi Pro Bunny

Oscat | from Redmi Note 9S

It is so annoying that there is no official statement from Xamomi, if as some have said it is a hardware issue, we may never see a fix, update 11.0 8 has what I consider an unacceptable fix, the phone disconnects but then reconnects to the router, your router log will become overloaded with pages of this happening. All we can do is hope that there is a better solution in the pipeline.
2020-06-28 02:06:02

Rookie Bunny

Oscat
It is so annoying that there is no official statement from Xamomi, if as some have said it is a hardware issue, we may never see a fix, update 11.0 8 has what I consider an unacceptable fix, the phone disconnects but then reconnects to the router, your router log will become overloaded with pages of this happening. All we can do is hope that there is a better solution in the pipeline.

How can this be a hardware issue can you explain? I mean it stays connected while unlocked and I even recieve timely notifications but background processes like an upload to Google drive can get paused after sometime. I am not a tech person but seems like an optimization attempt gone wrong which should be fixable with software patches.
2020-06-28 02:10:26
Oscat replied at 2020-06-27 20:06:02

I agree, frequent reconnection is not the proper way to fix it.

I expect that if it is an hardware issue there will be a refund, but as far as I know some custom rom do not have this bug, so very likely it's just a software issue.
2020-06-28 02:12:26
UsmanRashid replied at 2020-06-27 20:10:26
How can this be a hardware issue can you explain? I mean it stays connected while unlocked and I even recieve timely notifications but background processes like an upload to Google drive can get paused after sometime. I am not a tech person but seems like an optimization attempt gone wrong which should be fixable with software patches.

I can't exclude hardware issue, related to power management, but it's just speculation.
As I just said it seems that some custom roms do not have this issue, so it is probably just a software issue.

Only Xiaomi and development team can confirm it or not.
2020-06-28 02:18:24

Rookie Bunny

Simone-it
I can't exclude hardware issue, related to power management, but it's just speculation.
As I just said it seems that some custom roms do not have this issue, so it is probably just a software issue.

Ok maybe I am just missing something but power management should be a software issue. Anyways, hope we can get an answer from Xiaomi soon. I also don't understand why people are so quiet about this, if you search on Google you can barely find anything.
2020-06-28 02:28:14