In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F2 Pro

[Review] POCO F2 PRO - Performance, Camera review, Battery. #POCOkiller flagship.

2020-06-06 14:15:54
3463 95
Hello All!

I would like to write today a bit about the POCO F2 PRO smartphone and more about how it works during everyday use. A few days ago I did a small review of the smartphone along with its unpacking, which you will find here: POCO F2 PRO - Unboxing and review of the measure! Great smartphone presentation.

Starting with performance, it is definitely at the highest level. Applications work in the blink of an eye (I did not notice any cut animations or other similar things).

When running applications that we leave in the background (they are occasionally thrown out of RAM), we need to reopen them and wait for them to load, but this rarely happens. As we know, the latest specification are responsible for performance smartphone.

Specification:

Qualcomm Snapdragon 865

The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 platform is the highest-class SoC that was announced at the end of 2019. The SoC integrates a fast ‘Prime Core’ that clocks up to 2.84 GHz and three further fast ARM Cortex-A77 performance cores, which can reach up to 2.42 GHz. These are complemented by four power-saving ARM Cortex-A55 cores that clock up to a maximum of 1.8 GHz. The difference to the older Snapdragon 855 is the switch from Cortex-A76 to the faster Cortex-A77 architecture. The clock speeds stay the same.
Therefore, the Snapdragon 865 takes the top spot in mobile processors for Android based systems.

Compared to the previous generations, the Snapdragon 865 does not integrate an LTE modem anymore, but has to be paired with the new X55 5G modem, that also supports LTE Cat 24/22. The Wi-Fi module however is still integrated and called FastConnect 6800 with support for Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and 8x8 MU-MIMU and 60 GHz 802.11ay with up to 10 Gbps. Bluetooth 5.1 is also supported including aptX Adaptive.

The integrated GPU is now called Adreno 650 and should offer 20% more performance than the Adreno 640 in the Snapdragon 855. The on board Hexagon 698 DSP now offers an improved KI performance of up to 15 TOPS (up from 7 TOPS in the 855) and still uses a combination of CPU, GPU, HVX and Tensor cores. The Spectra 480 ISP is now also significantly faster. The integrated Computer Vision Engine (CV-ISP) now supports Dolby Vision, 8K videos.

Qualcomm Adreno 650

The Qualcomm Adreno 650 is a smartphone GPU that is integrated within the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC.

According to Qualcomm, the Adreno 650 GPU offers a 25% improved performance over the Adreno 640, its predecessor, which is integrated into the Snapdragon 855 SoC. The enhanced performance is achieved by the Adreno 650 having 50% more compute units (ALUs) than the Adreno 640. Furthermore, the clock speed of the pixel shaders was also increased by 50%.

The Adreno 650 supports Vulkan 1.1, DirectX 12, OpenGL ES 3.2, and OpenCL 2.0 FP. Furthermore, games and videos can use HDR10+ and Dolby Vision (with a supported display).

UFS 3.1 (Universal Flash Storage)

The UFS 3.0 albeit fast in sequential speeds (read & write) had its shortcomings when it comes to random reads. On its anniversary, JEDEC has released the successor – UFS 3.1 specification (version: JESD220E). It claims to bring improvements in the performance, power-efficiency and price point.

In its publication, JEDEC emphasizes the 3 core enhancements with the UFS 3.1 (and that addon we addressed above) – Writer Booster, Deep Sleep, and Performance Throttling Notification. Don’t sweat, these are simple things (but with significant impact)!

Write Booster: As the name indicates, the write speed is improved. This is done by creating a pseudo-SLC cache, which is like an easily and repeatedly accessible reserve memory in the flash storage. At the same time, while doing so, this reserve consumes very little space too (just 1 bit of data in each cell).
Deep Sleep: Simply put, the UFS 3.1 will consume lesser power thanks to voltage regulators that are used for both storage and other functions.

Performance Throttling Notification: This one’s also clear from the name. The new UFS system will alert the host device of any storage performance bottlenecks due to a rise in temperature.

After turning on several games in which I set everything to the highest level, the battery kept around 40 degrees, so the temperature is low when playing.
Games didn't stutter and ran smoothly according to my use. Performance, if I can call it that is phenomenal.

Asphalt 9 Legends

Battery.

Going to the battery.

Here the battery falls well looking at the device specifications and how much power it needs to operate. The battery with a capacity of 4700 mAh in the first days after switching on and using the device (i.e. on average during the day), the battery kept 7 hours on the screen. It all depends on how we use the smartphone. I use two SIM cards (4G), Wi-Fi, and after two days, when the smartphone has optimized for new (system) applications, the battery began to appear on the screen for 7 to 9 hours. From this it can be concluded that the battery in my case lasts from 7 to 10 hours (photo). I could not go below 7 hours :)
I would add that charging the battery in POCO took 55 minutes from 7 to 100 percent.

Camera.

I can't say much about the camera because I haven't used it very often because of the weather, which has been awful for the last several days. Today the weather was nice and I decided to take some pictures. The camera works very well during the day. The image quality is at a high level and the Macro option is amazing! The photos are very detailed and the zoom that we can do in macro mode amazes me every time if i use it :D

I took photos in my city, where there is a lot of greenery, a lot of forests and parks.

Sample Photos.

The time was after 20:00, so almost evening.

Church

The same church with traces of the war. He is almost 100 years old

Ultrawide

A small pond in the middle of the forest

Ultrawide

The duck came to accompany :P

Zoom x2

On the way back i noticed a second church :)

Ultrawide photos

A lot of greeen :))

The sun illuminates the tree from the back :)

Now macro shots!
I don't have a good hand for macro photos, but something can be captured!

Macro mode amazes me every time and I will definitely use it often!

When it comes to the entire POCO F2 PRO device, I can recommend it to anyone with a clear conscience.
If you have any questions, please write in a comment!
Have a nice day!

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +45 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-06-06 14:15:54
Favorites54 RateRate

Mi Sports Team

Łukasz 14 | from app

Nice review Hardi 😉🤜🤛
2020-06-06 14:26:50

Mi Fans Team

hardziol Author |

Łukasz 14 replied at 2020-06-06 20:26:50
Nice review Hardi 😉🤜🤛

Thanks Łuki! :))
2020-06-06 14:29:30

Moderador

przybort | from Redmi Note 5

Good job. You presented it all interestingly. Thanks Hardi.
2020-06-06 15:07:42

Mi Fans Team

hardziol Author |

przybort replied at 2020-06-06 21:07:42
Good job. You presented it all interestingly. Thanks Hardi.

Thanks for good word Przybi!! :))
2020-06-06 15:09:02

Master Bunny

1603568233 | from Mi 9T

very good    thanks
2020-06-06 15:44:24
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #6
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #7

Master Bunny

m@soud | from Redmi Note 5

Thanks for sharing
2020-06-06 16:28:41

Master Bunny

gungfu155 | from Redmi Note 8

realy perfect sharing thank you
2020-06-06 16:43:49

Merak Edilicek Bir Yanimiz Yok. Sıradan Biriyiz.. Bahsedilicek Kadar Özel, Bahsi Edilmeyecek Kadar Eski

Mi Fans Team

hardziol Author | from app

gungfu155
realy perfect sharing thank you

thanks! :))
2020-06-06 16:57:37