In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

just tested outdoor, does not detect galileo for me too
2020-06-29 15:00:14
happybuddhist replied at 2020-06-08 10:26:40
Thank you for your quick feedback. Will report this to the team.

Cheers! :-)

Do you have any information regarding the answer "zoko" got from the support? Xiaomi has done and is doing misleading advertising if this is true. I just confirmed it on the german Page. Galileo is mentioned in the technical data. Which means in germany it has to be there by law and not maybe as optional feature!

2020-06-29 16:29:32
Naroyas replied at 2020-06-29 10:29:32
Do you have any information regarding the answer "zoko" got from the support? Xiaomi has done and is doing misleading advertising if this is true. I just confirmed it on the german Page. Galileo is mentioned in the technical data. Which means in germany it has to be there by law and not maybe as optional feature!

In italian page too
2020-06-29 17:04:24
Naroyas replied at 2020-06-29 13:59:32

I am flabbergasted. I had to double check the specs since I read that comment, and it does say that it supports Galileo. I am not sure what the support team has said. I don't live in EU, so I don't personally use these services. I had reported this issue with this very own thread as an example. There are a couple of Report IDs in this thread itself and they are reported already. I am astonished to know what the support team said. I'll need to check with the team again on this one.

Thanks for highlighting this.
2020-06-29 18:57:16
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro
happybuddhist replied at 2020-06-29 12:57:16
I am flabbergasted. I had to double check the specs since I read that comment, and it does say that it supports Galileo. I am not sure what the support team has said. I don't live in EU, so I don't personally use these services. I had reported this issue with this very own thread as an example. There are a couple of Report IDs in this thread itself and they are reported already. I am astonished to know what the support team said. I'll need to check with the team again on this one.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Thanks for the quick answer and your hard work. Please keep us informed if you hear anything. This message from support is more than questionable.
2020-06-29 19:01:37
Naroyas replied at 2020-06-29 16:31:37
Thanks for the quick answer and your hard work. Please keep us informed if you hear anything. This message from support is more than questionable.

No problem. Even I am very much surprised with that response from them. It clearly says in the website that it supports this feature. If it's any region related issue, then that's understandable. But this is not like that. Anyways, I'll update here if I get any response from the team.

2020-06-29 19:06:03
zoko replied at 2020-06-29 03:19:27
Hello, At this moment I received a reply from a ticket that I opened on the phone with all the information related to this topic. I am shocked by the support response, where I now transcribe

"Dear Costumer,

Hi,

Confirmed with the team that Galileo is supported. I'm not sure what the support team meant by that response, but it's strange that they said so. I had to check twice in the global product website on this feature just because they said so. I was also suggested by the Feedback Mods that some users could get more satellites by clearing cache and data of Google Maps apps. I believe you use EEA ROM? It's a common bug in that. If it still not fixes that issue, then kindly wait for devs to fix this bug.

This issue was already reported and this very thread was linked as an example for the team. So we can only wait for a bug fix regarding this issue.

2020-06-29 20:19:08
happybuddhist replied at 2020-06-29 14:19:08
Hi,

Confirmed with the team that Galileo is supported. I'm not sure what the support team meant by that response, but it's strange that they said so. I had to check twice in the global product website on this feature just because they said so. I was also suggested by the Feedback Mods that some users could get more satellites by clearing cache and data of Google Maps apps. I believe you use EEA ROM? It's a common bug in that. If it still not fixes that issue, then kindly wait for devs to fix this bug.

I use GPS Test app to check satellites received. My 9 pro version is global

If it is useful, tonight I can compare smartphone (9 pro) satellite reception vs OEM GPS module but in europe galileo is available
2020-06-29 20:25:38
so that there is no doubt,
I don't want to be putting your employees in trouble.
2020-06-29 23:50:48
On my phone Galileo GPS isn't working too.
Report ID: 506080288

2020-06-30 00:49:36