In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F2 Pro

[Review] POCO F2 Pro Unboxing and Initial Impression: A Rare and Well Built Pop-up Camera Smartphone in 2020!

2020-05-31 12:04:26
3826 79
Hello everyone,

In 2018, Xiaomi introduced a sub-brand named POCO that aims to deliver technologies and performance that truly matters. You probably wondering: Why there's a need for another sub-brand where they already have Mi, Redmi, Blackshark, Meitu under Xiaomi's belt? The more, the merrier? Nope, this is part of Xiaomi's
business strategy and each of them has its own market positioning. POCO is all about dreaming big, even while starting small. Their goal is to grab the interest of tech enthusiasts and deliver flagship experience while maintaining an extreme bang for the buck proposition.

Pocophone F1 was an iconic smartphone that offered top-line specs with mid-range pricing. One of the main attractions of POCO is none other than it's well known to be developer-friendly.
POCO is keen to support the developer community and has been sending devices to custom ROM and kernel developers since 2018. In fact, we still have a lot of active Pocophone F1 users on Mi Community and tech forums across the world. How many of you are reading this on Pocophone F1?

POCO F2 Pro, the successor to the Pocophone F1 has officially landed in my country. For those who are interested in this device, keep an eye on mi.com to know the availability and pricing. Let's take a quick look at the specs of POCO F2 Pro.

POCO F2 Pro
Display
6.67” AMOLED ultimate Full Screen Display
2400×1080 FHD+
Contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1
Brightness: 500 nits (typ) / 800 nits (HBM)
360° triple ambient light sensor
TÜV Rheinland Full Care Display Certification
HDR10+
Advanced color scheme settings
Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
Color
Neon Blue, Electric Purple, Cyber Grey, Phantom White
– Anti-glare matte finish in grey and purple devices
Dimensions
163.3mm x 75.4mm x 8.9mm, 218g
Network Support
Dual SIM standby3
Wi-Fi 6, 5G MultiLink
Processor
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865, 7nm process technology
Kryo™ 585 octa-core CPU
Adreno™ 650 GPU
5G supported
Storage
LPDDR5 + UFS 3.1 (8GB+256GB variant)
LPDDR4X + UFS 3.1 (6GB+128GB variant)
Cooling System
LiquidCool Technology 2.0 – 3,435mm2 Vapor Chamber + multi-layer graphite + graphene, up to 14°C CPU core temperature reduction
Rear Camera
64MP + 13MP + 5MP + 2MP quad rear camera
64MP high-resolution main camera
– Sony IMX686, 1/1.7“ sensor size, ƒ/1.89, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel, AF, 6P lens
13MP 123°ultra wide-angle camera
5MP telemacro camera, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2, AF
2MP depth sensor
Supports 8K@24fps/4K@60fps video recording, Pro mode, 4K 30fps time-lapse, ShootSteady video, Video bokeh, Night mode 2.0, Vlog mode, Cinematic mode
Front Camera
20MP pop-up front camera
Supports 120fps front slow motion
Multi-color notification light
Drop protection
Connection
Multifunctional NFC, IR blaster
Security
In-screen fingerprint sensor
Battery & Charging
4,700mAh (typ) battery
30W wired fast charge
In-box charger: 33W
USB Type-C
Audio
3.5mm headphone jack
Hi-Res Audio certification
Motor
Z-axis linear vibration motor
System
MIUI for POCO based on Android 10
Storage Variants
8GB+256GB
6GB+128GB

As you can see from the table above, POCO F2 Pro has a massive upgrade to every aspect compared to its predecessor. The latest technology brings revolution, convenience, and improves our user experience to a whole new level. Without further ado, it's time to unbox and review the latest offering from POCO.

What's inside the box? It contains POCO F2 Pro, adapter, USB Type-C cable, SIM eject tool, user guide, warranty card, and a hard protective case

The adapter supports output of 5.0V=3.0A 15.0W/ 9.0V=3.0A 27.0W/ 12.0V=2.25A 27.0W/ 20.0V=1.35A 27.0W and 11.0V=3.0A 33.0W Max

Who doesn't like a full-screen device without any notches? The combination of blue and green colors produces a beautiful Neon Blue. The front and back of this device are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Dislike glass material due to its fingerprint magnet characteristic? You can opt for Electric Purple, Cyber Grey as both of them come with Anti-glare matte finish.

The bottom of the smartphone has 1216 super-linear speaker supports dual smart PA high volume boost, microphone, USB Type C port, and SIM card slot.

You can clearly see that there's a red rubber ring in the SIM card slot, it should be able to withstand a light splash of water or caught in the rain. However, since Xiaomi didn't advertise any IP ratings for this device, I would advise not to submerge your device in water.

On the rear, the quad-camera setup is placed right in the center of the phone. The camera bump is acceptable and completely flat if you are using the protective case. You won't encounter an annoying moment where most of the smartphones tend to lean to one side due to its odd camera placement when placed down in POCO F2 Pro.

The thin bezel and the small chin of POCO F2 Pro make the phone looks premium. Based on my observation, POCO F2 Pro includes a preinstalled screen protector which is a plus point for me.

Pop-up camera smartphones have been extremely rare in 2020, it's glad to see them back in action. You can even customize the sound and visual effect when the camera pops up. And yes, it does support the Face Unlock feature.

The LED light is housed on top of the camera. When you receive a notification or call, the phone starts blinking for the LED notification. POCO F2 Pro also comes with several handy features such as headphone jack, IR blaster, and NFC.

The volume rocker is sturdy and the red power button is eye-catching.

That's all for unboxing and initial impression from me. Is the pop-up camera smartphone still relevant in 2020? For people who dislike notch display, the answer is yes. I'll share more reviews about the software part in my next thread. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below ;)

Recommended threads:

Rate

Number of participants 6 Experience +86 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-05-31 12:04:26
Favorites33 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

DaMgaSea | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

2020-05-31 12:18:14
Now that's one unique unboxing with amazing photos, BTW, What phone u used for these shots ?, Thanks for sharing
2020-05-31 12:28:45
Mohammed Abdalfattah replied at 2020-06-01 00:28:45
Now that's one unique unboxing with amazing photos, BTW, What phone u used for these shots ?, Thanks for sharing

Mi Note 3, I skipped all the Mi devices launched in these 2 years due to notches hahaha
2020-05-31 12:31:12

News Reporter

Subrata Maity | from Redmi 3S

Wow, Amazing Look.
2020-05-31 12:40:21

Banned

Prasad Poco F1 | from app

Beautiful Unboxing..Great Specifications..👌👍
2020-05-31 12:41:40
Be Cool,Be Happy.Always Keep Smiling.Just Trust Your Mind And Follow

Prasad
Mi Community India
Great! POCO is really a very nice smartphone!
2020-05-31 12:43:06

Master Bunny

Muse Forever | from MI 9

Great work b. Thanks for sharing this information .
2020-05-31 12:45:54

Master Bunny

Wrangler_Bunnie | from Mi MIX 2

also a nice one
thanks for sharing
2020-05-31 13:11:55

Semi Pro Bunny

m Younesabadi | from Redmi Note 8

Thanks
2020-05-31 13:12:25
I simply love this powerful full-screen device!
2020-05-31 13:29:10