In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] Notes - A simple notes and reminder app

2020-05-23 23:50:23
434 4

Introduction:

Hello MIUIers, hope everyone is going great and welcome back to my review thread. Today, I brought you a simple and beautiful notes app, with useful features and the same can be used in any ROM and any Android device. The app is being devloped and maintained by Walker ice., under Tools category. Let's begin the review and have a look at the app's features.

Review:

Okay, when it comes to the app. That's the welcome screen (left side) and the main screen (right side) of the app. On the welcome screen we can see the simple tutorials with just three taps further. On the main screen, we can see a simple and plan user interface with add button at the bottom right side.

From there, we can simply add note or a reminder of our own choise. The entire UI of the app itself is, very simple, clean and plan, tweaked with limited and essential themeing interface. Based on our moods, sometimes we (I) prefer simple or this kind or lite and plan or clean UI. Even, when it comes to our system mode itself, I switch between Dark and normal for long instance.

I just created a test note. To check, how the notes interface would be and how clear the text and what's the maximum size of the text we can set. So, those are the results. The process of creating a note is pretty easy and similar to all the other modern Notes apps. We can set the title and create a note on the body, which is very similar to our MIUI's notes app and Google's Keep.

We can set upto four themes, which are plain solid colurs without any unnecessery backgrounds, with simple and clean look. On the other hand, we can also see an Alarm symbol at the bottom left side, in the notes editing or creating mode. From there, we can set any scheduled reminders. The UI of the clock and calender interface, while setting a reminder is, mixed of both MIUI and stock android. Switching between dates and times also very simple, without any unnecessery scrollings.

So, after setting up the reminder. We can see a toast notification at the bottom middle of the page. Also, I've attached the preview of the reminder, which we've set earlier. On the other hand, that's the main screen with, notes, checklist and reminders I've set. The checklist on this app is very easy to use, we can check the box on the left side, after completing it. We can delete it using X mark at the right most side and we can simply edit the item, by tapping the text.

All these performing actions are pretty similar to the modern notes apps. But, sometimes, we face some gliteches and we need to cross check the items, whether they're marked or deleted or not. The same issue I've faced in the past with Google's Keep.

Here comes, another similar feature by they named it as Grouping. Both in MIUI notes and Google's Keep. we have folders option. So that, we can create and managing or grouping them into similar categories, for well organized look. So, we can create or manage the groups from the left side menu, using the menu button at the top or we can simply organize the created notes with the existing groups, simply holding an item, such as notes, checklists, etc.,

We can also search with keywords, if we're sure about words contained by the notes. This will be helpful, when we have created a lot of notes or the other items and forgot about the folders.

On the left side screen, we can see and that's what exactly I was telling about. The menu, where we can see the setting, security, etc., The most useful feature from the menu is, security, we can create pattern to safe gaurd or personal notes. Yes, we have this in MIUI or we have built-in app locks, which we can opened by pattern or fingerprint or facelock. But, If the device is out of MIUI, say we're on a custom ROM. This will be very useful.

We can also, manage such as creating, deleting or editing the existed groups from this menu. The last screen from the GIF shows, how it appears, when we enter the notes app, after enabling the pattern. Also, we can clear or change the pattern from the security option itself.

The local Backup and Restore. I know, which is way more outdated feature in this 2020. Because, most of the users are now prefer to synchronizing the data across the devices.. But, in the same 2020 many people are show their prefernce to the offline or the local backup options. Because, this can be done in encrypted and backuped in format, where normal user can't read, without this app.

On the other hand I can say that, I can still missing the option for online backup instead of local or complete sync options. So that, we can choose between Google's drive or Drop box for the same backup options.

When it comes, to the setting. We can find the universal (app's theme). Which is similar to the individual item theming system as mentioned above. Which means it has four solid and plan coloured th[url=]Left[/url]eming option, with the change of text size.

Add.Information:

Pro's:
Very lite app with useful features with decent themes of solid colors

Available for free, without any annoying ads

Can secure the created checklist or notes with pattern

Can create and manage the scheduled reminders

Con's:

No sync option across the devices and no online backup option

Conclusion:

This Notes app is, only for the people, who're looking for very lite and decent looks app with basic usefull features with the competition of modern Notes apps and for only who prefer for the local backup system.

Downloads:

OR

Notes_1.0.0.020200410.apk (3.36 MB, Downloads: 6)

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-05-23 23:50:23
Favorites1 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing...
2020-05-24 11:26:24
Thanks for your review. Useful application to use.
2020-05-24 20:57:34
Thanks for sharing
2020-06-16 14:57:39
Great Review!!!
2020-07-21 23:41:42