In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Q&A] How to edit switches\shortcut arrangement?

2020-05-17 08:42:24
6750 70
I am unable to find a way to edit the
2020-05-17 08:42:24
Favorites51 RateRate
Hi there!

I believe you have restored an earlier backup when setting up your device. That's what caused the edit button to disappear. The edit button isn't generally backed up and when restoring it, it will be missing. There are a few methods to solve this :

Method #1 - Install SystemUI Tuner from PlayStore and reset the quick settings panel.

Method #2 - Using ADB (download platform tools to your PC) : Download
  • Set USB debugging for device and also security settings. Go to Settings - Additional settings - Developer options - enable both USB debugging and USB debugging (Security settings). If Developer options are not available, go to Settings - About phone - click on MIUI version 7 times to enable Developer options.
  • Connect your device using USB 2.0 port to your PC.
  • On your PC, open cmd (command prompt) and go to your path with the executable. For example, cd C:\Users\user\Desktop\platform-tools_r30.0.1-windows\platform-tools (choose the path in your PC - I would suggest saving the Platform Tools in C:\ folder). If you're new to command prompt, read this.
  • Type adb devices hit enter to confirm that you see you device
  • Type adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles default and hit enter (you may copy-paste this command).
Voila! This should reset your status bar and quick settings tab.

Cheers! :-)
2020-05-17 11:16:23
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series

Rookie Bunny

6323502070 Author | from Redmi Note 9S

happybuddhist
Hi there!

I believe you have restored an earlier backup when setting up your device. That's what caused the edit button to disappear. The edit button isn't generally backed up and when restoring it, it will be missing. There are a few methods to solve this :

Thanks for the advise. Unable to proceed with System UI tuner. Will try 2nd method with Window later.
2020-05-17 11:32:23

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Thanks for the advise. Unable to proceed with System UI tuner. Will try 2nd method with Window later.

Try with turning on USB Debugging (Security settings) under Developer Options. I guess that's needed. Note that the app isn't focused for MIUI as it is heavily customised - but resetting the status bar and quick toggles should work. If this doesn't help, kindly go with the second method.
2020-05-17 14:27:21

Rookie Bunny

6323502070 Author | from Redmi Note 9S

happybuddhist
Try with turning on USB Debugging (Security settings) under Developer Options. I guess that's needed. Note that the app isn't focused for MIUI as it is heavily customised - but resetting the status bar and quick toggles should work. If this doesn't help, kindly go with the second method.

Thanks for the advise. Finally it works with 2nd method.
2020-05-24 13:06:55
6323502070 replied at 2020-05-24 10:36:55
Thanks for the advise. Finally it works with 2nd method.

Cheers mate!
Take care. :-)
2020-05-24 14:51:30

Advanced Bunny

NedejOrez | from app

Thanks from me also! had this same issue! And as other member method 2 work's
2020-05-28 13:31:26

Rookie Bunny

Lenice | from Redmi Note 8

happybuddhist

I still can't do it, help me please!
2020-06-02 08:31:03
Lenice  replied at 2020-06-02 06:01:03
I still can't do it, help me please!

Use the second method - that works for everyone. Install all device drivers and connect your phone to your PC via USB 2.0 port and the follow the instructions in comment #1.
2020-06-02 09:09:18

Rookie Bunny

Lenice | from Redmi Note 8

happybuddhist
Use the second method - that works for everyone. Install all device drivers and connect your phone to your PC via USB 2.0 port and the follow the instructions in comment #1.

I don't understand that very well, I'm still learning english so... I think that my problem will continue tho 😅
2020-06-02 09:14:30
Lenice  replied at 2020-06-02 06:44:30
I don't understand that very well, I'm still learning english so... I think that my problem will continue tho 😅

Hi,

I've edited my first comment in this thread. I've added download links and made the instructions a bit more clear and precise. Hope this helps!

2020-06-02 09:45:54