In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] Adobe Scan: PDF Scanner with OCR and PDF Creator

2020-05-15 18:21:42
685 4

Introduction:

Hello Everyone, hope you all are doing good. It's late but, I brought you another cool and useful application. The app is being developed and maintained by the popular PDF reader and Photoshop developers, none-other than " Adobe " under business category. We all know that, how tough is to work from home, considering some points. On the other hand, some of us are really enjoying the same.

When it comes to the business or work. We need to deal with a lot of digital documents rather hard copies. In our day to day lives, Almost everyone com across the usage of digital documents for the business or office purpose. The same became very difficult, in this COVID-19 days. When it comes to work from. So, let's see how this app is very useful and time saver and how the app is offering multiple featues, to minimize effort on work and time. Also, to maximize the work efficiency.

Review:

That's the home or the welcome screen of the app. One with the new adobe scan logo on one side and the other with the login / signup page using various social networking accounts. Like, most of the modern applications, this one also offers the Apple account sign-in. Unlike the most popular OCR app, Camscanner. This app is forces us to login or sign-up at the starting page.

Thank god, once I had used acrobat premium subscription by adobe. So, I have an adobe account and I remember the same, that made me easy to login through the account.

So, the main interface of the app looks exactly like any other premium camera interface. Including, MIUI camera. The flash on/off toggles, the capture button, picker button to choose image from the gallery, on the other side, we can see the recently captured images in a small preview, like in any camera app including Google camera and MIUI.

Also, the beauty of this app is, If one can clearly observe that, this one has toggles for capturing button besides the actual capture button. Which means, we can manually capture the image or we can set it to automatic capture, once the app detects a stable image in a required form. This wasn't available on the camscanner app, back, when I was using then.

This app comes with four different forms or options to capture or turn the existing photos into a required digital pdf documents. We can see, Whiteboard, Form, Document and a Business card as main options of the app.

A business card is readily available for me and i took it for the testing purpose at the time, when I installed the app for the first time. So, above are screen shots. After automatically capturing the image, we can see the regular options available in any OCR applicatons, especially when, we camparing the Camscanner app. Such as, crop, color or black and white options or color corrections, resize, orienation, etc.,

As we can see, we even don't need to touch the frame adjustment bars and it sets the size and cropping automatically. Sometimes, the orientation changes to wrong direction. Yet, we can fix the same using the editing tools available. I can clearly say that, app the app's developers promised, we won't find any shadows of lights and other objects and the foldings of the documents, etc., after processing the image to digital.

It's been already two months since, I started using the app. At the beginning only i took another step forward and try to check scanning a paper article in the form and document. As, the actual docments or the forms which we use for the official purpose are in similar dimensions. So, that result was awesome and accurate. I scanned a bill and a news paper. With the OCR techonology, after the image process, I could able to find or recognize the text, even from the same scanned document. Which is very usefull to check and make corrections. When, we scan a bunch of documents together, before submitting them further.

Also, it's directly converts into the PDF unlike the Camscanner app. In that app, all the scanned images are still in image forms only, in various poopular formats such as PNG, JPEG, etc., We have to convert them to PDF manually.

In addition to these beautiful options. We have a cleanup option. In case of any shadows or any stains on the scanned document. We can simply remove them using this cleanup option. Once we feel, everything is okay, we can go further for save the document. As I said before, It'll directly saves the document to PDF, once we hit the save button. Also, we can see all the scanned documents at a place.

As, we've already logged in with an account. All the scanned documents frst copied into the cloud. We have to save / copy the required documents to the device manually.

After saving the document or form or the Business card. We can re-edit or reuse them at any time. If we wanna rename or find any phrase on that particular doucment. It's just a few taps away. One thing I forgot, to mention that. The bill I've used is from my gallery. That's how I created a captured image into a powerful and very useful digital PDF document. That can be seen in the second GIF.

Also, we can share the files using a link (As we've logged in with an account) or can be copied to the local storage or directly share the file uisng the available other apps on the share sheet of our own mobile.

That's all about the app and preferences of the app. Which mostly consists of general options. Such as app's theme, text recognition options, including toggle on and off and the text recongnition language preferences, cache clearing and the log data options. On the other hand, we can see the final business card, which I have opened in an adobe pdf reader.

Add.Information:

Pro's:

The best and simple way digitalize your documents and share them on the go

No annoying ads and completely free and securely stores the files in cloud

One can access the files from the cloud from everywhere, whenever they needed

Simple and lite application with most powerful fetures yet, available for free

Con's:

Mostly working in all the time but, in very rare cases app was unable to recognize the words while searching. Which means the OCR techonolgy failing its job

Conclusion:

If anyone, ever looking for the best alternative for an OCR application like Camscanner. This is the best application available on the market.

Downloads:

or

Adobe Scan_20.03.09.apk (9.87 MB, Downloads: 19)

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +65 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-05-15 18:21:42
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Tom-GER | from Mi Note 10

app can't be installed on my note 10. thank you for sharing
2020-05-15 18:52:22
Adobe always has great application. Thanks for your review.
2020-05-16 12:48:24
Nice Review!!!
2020-05-17 03:12:07
I'm using this too, it is a really convenient app.
Thanks for reviewing.
2020-06-16 15:06:42