In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI ROM

[Q&A] Redmi Note 9s WiFi

2020-05-09 09:17:31
898 13
I have a Redmi Note 9s and Everytime I let it sit with screen closed my WiFi no longer has internet and I have to open and close wifi to fix it. Any solution??
2020-05-09 09:17:31
Favorites4 RateRate

Wizard Bunny

Sampath madurai | from Redmi Note 7

Dear user
Thanks for your report in feedback subforum kindly reset wlan simcard and Bluetooth network through settings- connection Sharing-reset wifi simcard Bluetooth network - reset settings and reboot your device try this method and give feedback.
Thanks
2020-05-09 09:34:29

Rookie Bunny

Ahmed Helal Author | from Redmi Note 9S

I did nothing changed
2020-05-09 12:08:29
Sampath madurai replied at 2020-05-09 03:34:29
Dear user
Thanks for your report in feedback subforum kindly reset wlan simcard and Bluetooth network through settings- connection Sharing-reset wifi simcard Bluetooth network - reset settings and reboot your device try this method and give feedback.
Thanks

A litte hint for you. This Problem is well known. One of you Mods "happybuddhist" is even collecting Report ID's an Feddback:
https://c.mi.com/thread-3025928-1-1.html

Your standard answer, that first of all you should reset everything doesn't help.
The routers work with all devices without problems, only the Note 9S makes problems, so it is not due to the router settings of the users.
I've been asking some of the custom ROM developers here and there about the problem. Those who do not develop their ROM based on MIUI have no problems at all. Others who modify MIUI have the same problem with WiFi. The cause seems to be the management of Android by the current MIUI version.

This was even confirmed by the Mod. Post #54 in linked Thread!

The Note 9S does not even notice that the internet connection of a WiFi network is down. I tested it with my router. Dialed into Wi-Fi. Disconnected the Internet on the router and there was no message that the Note wants to switch to the mobile data because the WiFi connection has no Internet access anymore. This should be the default behaviour of an Android system when this happens, but the Note does nothing in this case.

In europe on Amazon there are almost only reviews where the WiFi problem is mentioned, on Facebook the comments ask when it will be fixed without an answer coming, Youtuber or other reviewers also mention the problem and here in the Mi Community there are also intensive discussions about it. XDA and some other platforms intensive discussions about it.

So please do not just write a standard answer. Fix the error!

That's where Xiaomi's support has to act now. Especially now that the next Note with the same Qualcomm 720G will be released on the global market, the bug has to be fixed first. It will be a real media disaster if a whole range of models is available on the global market with the same bug.
2020-05-09 18:11:40
Hi, kindly provide more information of the issue, please follow our reporting guidelines to have better understanding of the issue, thank you
2020-05-09 21:54:28
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #5
adewisman replied at 2020-05-09 15:54:28
Hi, kindly provide more information of the issue, please follow our reporting guidelines to have better understanding of the issue, thank you

Report ID: 505564639
It is a German report, so I'll just put it in a nutshell.

The note 9S loses the connection to the internet via WiFi in standby after some time (8-10 minutes), even with the new update 11.0.7.0 and does not switch to mobile internet. So it is offline!
I use a Fritz!Box 7590 with Fritz!OS 7.12 and WAP2 key. An absolut standard WiFi network in germany. It doesn't matter if 2.4GHz and 5GHz are running under one SSID or are separated. All other devices in the network run without problems. I have already reset the phone once, deleted the WiFi connections several times and reconnected them.

The interesting thing is that the phone is still receiving the router's ID/MAC, but can't send anything.

I have tested it with the App "Tasker". I can trigger a ping which is only done when the phone is connected to my router's ID/MAC. So Tasker detects the connected ID/MAC without any problems while the bug occurs, but I can't find the ping on the network. This means the download is there and the packets from the router to the Note 9S are received, but no upload from the Note 9S is possible in this state to the connected router. Therefore the Note 9S will be disconnected by the router, because it doesn't receive any feedback.

If the error occurs then the upload is not really broken. I can still see all other networks and can instandly reconnect me to any other network without restarting the WiFi of the phone.
Together with the facts that when you open an unencrypted guest WiFi with the same router, the bug does not appear and in some casec you can skip the bug with an repeater also I have no problem with the WPA2-PSK (AES) encrypted WiFi in my Office, there could be a trigger for the bug.
This leads me to the conclusion that the reason lies in the type of encryption. The encryption for the newer FritzBox devices is WPA2-PSK (CCMP) which is an advanced Version of WPA2-PSK (AES) and you can't change it in this devices. All the other devices, that I have found, where the bug does not appear have the WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption.
So this could be a part of the key to solve the bug. Maybe the encryption service of the Note 9S stops working properly in StandBy after some time and the WPA2-PSK (CCMP) key can't be generated.

The Note 9S does not even notice that the internet connection of a WiFi network is down. I tested it with my router. Dialed into Wi-Fi. Disconnected the Internet on the router and there was no message that the Note wants to switch to the mobile data because the WiFi connection has no Internet access anymore. This should be the default behaviour of an Android system when this happens, but the Note does nothing in this case.                       

The strangest things I noticed is that when you open an unencrypted guest WiFi with the same router, the bug does not appear.
Another observation I made in my home office is that when I have an active upstream, the bug is not triggered. I streamed hours of music over Poweramp (Local saved music over the network. No stream from the internet) to my Google Home Mini and had no interruptions.

Here are even more hints and attempt to find the trigger for the Bug:
https://c.mi.com/thread-3025928-1-1.html

The Bug was even confirmed by the Mod "happybuddhist". Post #54 in linked Thread!

2020-05-09 23:19:08

Rookie Bunny

do you have any solutions?
2020-05-09 23:54:10

The solution is a fix from Xiaomi's support because the custom ROM developers who do not develop their ROM based on MIUI have no problems at all. Others who modify MIUI have the same problem with WiFi. The cause seems to be the management of Android by the current MIUI version. What is like I already mentioned confirmd by an Mod, so I don't understand, why the Mods here are asking for information that are already known -.-
2020-05-10 00:25:08

Rookie Bunny

adewisman

any upcoming solutions or response to Naroya??
2020-05-10 03:42:18
adewisman replied at 2020-05-09 15:54:28

These are all related Report ID's from the Note 9S Sub-Forum, which were published by the users of the Mi Community:

Maybe the WiFi handshake file gets corrupted in some WiFi conditions. So if you reconnect to a WiFi network you are generating a new file, but it gets corrupted again in Standby. Can this be possible?

2020-05-11 19:05:15