In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

Story of Mi Fans
Subscribed
Subscribe

[Story of Mi Fans] [#StoryofMiFans] [#ComeCleanToMom] I Told Her I Was Just Going To The City

2020-05-08 23:06:05
1173 31

Hi fellow Mi fanatics,

Ulpi here. Perhaps you will agree with me when I say that it does not only feel wrong to lie to our dear mothers but it is also very hard not to get caught lying because they know us since we were born which means they know the little things we do when we lie, like the sound of our voice or the facial expressions we make. As they say, moms know everything!

Sometimes, however, we can't help but not to tell them the truth in order to protect them like when I told my mom a lie not very long ago since I didn't want to make her worry or feel sad and I guess it was the biggest lie I have ever said to her.

Let me tell you the story in a third person narrative just for fun. Haha

So Ulpi's mom has a close friend in Thailand whom she has been wanting to visit for a very long time now. In fact, she applied for a passport for that eventuality but she has not been able to find time and resources to make that happen. Ulpi has thought of making his mom's dream trip come true when he would be able to save enough money.

One day, as Ulpi was browsing through his Facebook newsfeed, he came across an announcement from an airline. The airline was offering roundtrip tickets to Thailand for only around $60 which was a steal! It had been a while since he travelled and visiting Thailand was in his bucketlist so he was itching to grab the deal. However, after computing the possible expenses and checking his finances, he realized he cannot bring another person with him to the trip. Therefore, he was in great dilemma on whether to book a flight or not, considering that he can't take his mom with him. Eventually, he decided to buy flight tickets just for himself which bothered him for a while as he didn't know how to tell his mom.

The day before the flight...

Ulpi: "Ma, I'm going out for a week."
Ulpi's Mom: "Where are you going?"
Ulpi: "Uhmmm... I will be going to the city and will be staying for a week at my friend's place."
Ulpi's Mom: "Okay, take care."

Ulpi told his mom he was going to the nearest city but the truth was he was travelling to a different country over 2,500km away from home. Ulpi just didn't want to make his mom envious or make her worry about his safety as he was faraway. Up until today, he has not revealed it to her and although he enjoyed the trip, he regrets taking it. Ulpi hopes that after all these crazy things happening in the world right now are over, he would be able to grant her mom's wish.

If you're interested, here are some of the photos Ulpi took during that trip:

That's it! I hope you guys like the photos. Keep safe, everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!  

All the best,
Ulpi
2020-05-08 23:06:05
Favorites7 RateRate
Story of Mi Fans
On Mother’s Day, we all thank them for their unconditional love and support. And this mother's day we wanna make you clean in front of your moms! Share Your Story with us!
184 Article Description     637 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Mi Rédacteur

Mi-FE | from Mi 9T

nice pictures 👍
2020-05-08 23:32:44

Master Bunny

UlpiEdub Author | from app

Thank you!
2020-05-08 23:39:08

Master Bunny

klappasaki | from Mi 9T Pro

คุณเป็นคนไทยครับ?  English translation : are you Thai?
2020-05-09 00:02:09

Master Bunny

klappasaki
คุณเป็นคนไทยครับ?  English translation : are you Thai?

I am from the Philippines. Your country is very beautiful! I hope to go back with my mom next time. :)
2020-05-09 00:15:22

Master Bunny

UlpiEdub
I am from the Philippines. Your country is very beautiful! I hope to go back with my mom next time. :)

Thanks for sharing your highly appreciated compliments, mate 🙏. Your beautiful country named Philippines is a pretty neat place to live at, too 👍. Supposed you need anything from Thailand, or holiday destination previews, just ask, mate.
2020-05-09 01:27:48

Master Bunny

klappasaki
Thanks for sharing your highly appreciated compliments, mate 🙏. Your beautiful country named Philippines is a pretty neat place to live at, too 👍. Supposed you need anything from Thailand, or holiday destination previews, just ask, mate.

How nice of you... I'll definitely send you a ping if I need more info. Thank you so much! Have nice day!
2020-05-09 06:14:08

Master Bunny

UlpiEdub
How nice of you... I'll definitely give you a ping if I need more info. Thank you so much! Have nice day!

U R most welcome, glad to be on service, mate 🙏
2020-05-09 14:08:21
interesting story ... and nice photos !
2020-05-09 16:41:21

Master Bunny

Thank you so much!
2020-05-09 16:49:47

Pro Bunny

SandorneErzsike | from MI MAX 3

nice ,thanks 👍
2020-05-09 17:43:17