In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Devices

[Discussion] NO PUSH NOTIFICATIONS - Xiaomi Home App and Security Camera

2020-05-06 18:42:41
6752 6
Hi,
I am having this major issue with the recently bought Mi Security Camera 360 1080p:
  • NO PUSH NOTIFICATIONS are shown on my mobile when motion is dedected

So I bought the camera and installed Xiaomi Home App (v.5.6.81), registered on Mi and set up the camera.
  • The camera is working, movements, audio (speaker and mic), video, playback ... all working fine.

I activated the monitoring features to be alerted when motion is dedected but I don't receive any notification on my mobile.
Same result also with the Automation feature.

I did the following:
  • activated all push notifications from Xiaomi App
  • activated all push notifications from by Android phone system (also during DNS, top priority, etc.)

Since I was still experiencing the issue then:
  • I unistall the app,
  • reset the camera and
  • re-install everything again, re-done the push notification permissions but again same result
  • I also cleared the cache of the app, still no notifications on my mobile.

I changed "Region"(I thought perhaps there something wrong with the server) and used Germany which was the reccomended option....still no notifications.

Nothing worked, the camera is logging all motions detected, I can see all the videos from the app and play them, but I was never notified on my mobile. Obviously a Security Camera that does not notify you of a security breach becomes pretty pointless...

Perhaps it's an issue with my type of mobile, something missing in the code that does not trigger correctly push notifications for this model.
Here my mobile details:
  • Honor 10
  • EMUI version 9.1.0
  • Android version 9
  • CPU HiSilicon Kirin 970
  • Ram 4 GB
  • Android Security patch 1 Arpil 2020

Searching online on different blogs I noticed that many other users are experiencing the same issue.
I raised this with a Mi customer support agent, he informed me that the issue will be raised to the development team. I hope a fix will be deployed as soon as possible otherwise I cannot use this camera.
Please shout if anyone knows how to fix this or if there's an ETA on the resolution.
2020-05-06 18:42:41
Favorites2 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6353079712 | from app

Hello :) did u solve the problem ? Just bought one and faced same issue !!
2020-08-24 10:34:37

Rookie Bunny

6353223029 | from app

Hi, I also have the same problem.
If someone knows the solution, please update here for us...
2020-08-24 22:08:32

Rookie Bunny

1834408057 | from mobile

Hi, I also have the same problem.
If someone knows the solution, please update here for us...

Hello,

I'm not full satisfied, but it works: use 'automation' in app settings and camera will send notifications.
2021-02-06 14:58:40

Rookie Bunny

4180255698 | from mobile

Hello,

I'm not full satisfied, but it works: use 'automation' in app settings and camera will send notifications.

Tried too but it doesn't work for me.
2021-05-21 04:04:14
Same here, any solution?
2021-06-12 03:10:57

Rookie Bunny

1907971136 | from app

Any news anyone? Same problem on Huawei Nova 3 with EMUI 9.1. It works on Lineage OS but I don't want to change a phone just to have push notifications working! As it's working on different OS, this is most likely problem with EMUI. Please help
2021-06-23 23:30:19