In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[Discussion] A word of advise for Xiaomi.....

2020-04-24 06:54:45
209 2
Being a die hard Xiaomi fan, I am gutted at the way we, here in Europe are being treated regarding the Mi 10 Pro selling to Xiaomi fans. As I said, I am die hard fan and not only when it comes to phones. But the phone situation here in Europe has proved to be a heart stabber. We were all hoping that the Mi 10 Pro would sell the top version in Europe too. But not only we cannot buy it, but the base model being sold is the Mi 10 Pro 8GB 256RAM. That hurts when one considers that the base model of the Mi 10 Pro costs €999! And not only that, but we can't even buy a dual sim here because the base model comes with only a single sim. Just compare the Chinese prices to ours! The base model of the Mi 10 Pro costs €660 in China:€339 cheaper than here!  €999 is even over €200 more expensive than the Mi 10 Pro 12GB 512RAM in China!

So most of us are going to wait for the Lite model to launch in Europe. But we already know that even this will be a discrimination towards us. Please Xiaomi, PLEASE you want us to continue to be part of the Mi Family, but indirectly you are pushing us away. Make us proud to be Mi Fans and cut down the prices. We are heading into a Recession here in Europe and millions will be losing their jobs, and buying a phone will be last on everyone's list, even for the Die Hard fans like me. All the brands that launched phones in the first quarter of 2020 will see their sales drop in Europe: Samsung, Huawei, OnePlus, Oppo and also Xiaomi. Then Xiaomi will not be able to boast that it is the fourth top phone brand because it will slide down the list, I am sorry to say

2020-04-24 06:54:45
Favorites1 RateRate

Device Team

Brice | from app

Unfortunately, the pricing is due to Europe's rules and regulations which includes the TAXES Xiaomi has to pay in order to bring their devices in, the CUSTOMISED MIUI that Xiaomi has to develop to comply with local regulations and many more . Also, even in Hong Kong, the country RIGHT NEXT TO CHINA, despite not having as high of a TAX INCREMENT, also ONLY HAS SINGLE SIM and the 8GB+256GB model available.
2020-04-24 08:44:57

Master Bunny

sabai-sabai | from Mi A2 Lite

Cutting down the prices, by adding more stuff only a few buyers will appreciate? Now, that's clever marketing :-).
2020-04-24 13:51:40