In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Discussion] White glow around the edges

2020-04-23 19:28:13
483 7
I have purchased 3 redmi note 9s.
1 from Malaysia Lazada
2 from shopee global store (limited edition, 6 128)
3 of the devices also have this problem after one day of usage.
I believe that this is not some "unlucky" experience. And believe that this is a widespread issue.
To check that, enable dark mode and open the official messages application. Check the edges of your device and look extra carefully at the edges. If your device also have this problem, you should be able to see a white glow around the edges. Depends on the severity of your device, it might be very obvious or a tiny bit of white glow only (three of my devices also have different degree of white glow)

Note: I have contacted xiaomi and they also say it is not normal, and hence I can take it to claim warranty. But if they keep replacing the same display panel, it won't make any difference.

Please help me to pin this issue to xiaomi so they can rectify this problem from the root. You can also refer to some shopping sites, a lot of comments also complaining this problem.

2020-04-23 19:28:13
Favorites RateRate
Could you please share some photos on this issue? From what I understand, it seems like a screen bleeding issue, commonly found in LCD panels. The earlier batches of POCO F1 suffered from this issue too, and was later fixed by using a different LCD manufacturer in the production of the device.

First of all, I would suggest you to contact Xiaomi Malaysia (hoping that you live in Malaysia) through its official handles and report this issue.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/XiaomiMalaysia/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/XiaomiMalaysia
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/xiaomi.malaysia

To solve the issue, you need to replace the display. So after reporting the issue, you may get a replacement. Hopefully this issue is only present in some batches of the device.

Cheers! :-)
2020-04-24 09:27:09
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series

Advanced Bunny

1641695648 Author | from Redmi Note 9S

As said in the post, I HAVE CONTACTED XIAOMI and they recommend me to claim warranty. But the ultimate goal posting this thread is let xiaomi acknowledge this issue and change to another LCD manufacturer to resolve this problem. Instead of keep replacing the broken display for another broken display and fall in a loop.
2020-04-24 18:36:32

Advanced Bunny

Quick update, xiaomi released an update MIUI 11.0.6 which claims it resolves the display issue.
Just updated, apparently, it doesn't do anything. The issue is still here.
2020-04-24 18:38:23
1641695648 replied at 2020-04-24 16:08:23
Quick update, xiaomi released an update MIUI 11.0.6 which claims it resolves the display issue.
Just updated, apparently, it doesn't do anything. The issue is still here.

Screen bleeding is a hardware issue, so not sure if it can be fixed by a software patch. Not sure what the changelog means, but it could be some display tweaks in the software, and not the screen bleeding. Like I said, the best ways to get attention officially is to contact them through the above said methods. You may change your display and also share your experience in those official handles so that you can raise this issue straight to Xiaomi. This community is run by users, and we can see if this issue is widespread among other users.

Cheers! :-)
2020-04-24 18:51:58
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series

Advanced Bunny

Issue has been raised to xiaomi like I said n times. Posting here is to raise the user awareness regarding this issue.
2020-04-24 22:04:39

Advanced Bunny

quick update: the white glow around the edges have completely disappeared after more days of usage.
2020-04-27 12:47:40

Semi Pro Bunny

TheDean | from Redmi Note 9S

i just bought RN9s from shopee malaysia. thank god everything working good. no issue at all.
2020-05-01 07:23:07