In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Discussion] Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

2020-04-23 01:53:56
33926 158
The easiest way to solve the bug would be to remove all the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations" we can't see or influence form the ROM and let Android itself handle the WiFi management. Custom ROM devs have no problem with the WiFi if they remove the MIUI in their ROM. And the Custom ROM devs that are modding the MIUI have the same WIFI Bug.
2020-05-15 16:35:05

Rookie Bunny

DominikR | from Redmi Note 9S

@happybuddhist can you give us some news regarding this bug? When will a fix be available? This bug is really annoying and should be fixed urgently. The Note 9s is a really nice device, but this issue makes it unusable... I'm waiting since two weeks now because I don't want to return this device. Thank you for your feedback!
2020-05-15 19:01:57

Rookie Bunny

KIIIMO Author | from Redmi Note 9S

Have anyone idea why our phone not mentioned in any of the first 3 MIUI 12 patches that coming soon .. and funny wise  some older phones are already in the list ???!
2020-05-15 19:12:19
Naroyas replied at 2020-05-15 10:35:05
The easiest way to solve the bug would be to remove all the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations" we can't see or influence form the ROM and let Android itself handle the WiFi management. Custom ROM devs have no problem with the WiFi if they remove the MIUI in their ROM. And the Custom ROM devs that are modding the MIUI have the same WIFI Bug.

Anyone tried to remove all the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations"?
How can I remove the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations"?

If that solves the wifi problem I'll delete.

When comes the new ROM and will it solve the wifi problem?
For my is the mi9s unusable. Or must I everytime turn off and turn on again everytime I want use the phone from standby mode.
2020-05-15 19:30:46

Super moderator

happybuddhist | from MI 9

DominikR
@happybuddhist can you give us some news regarding this bug? When will a fix be available? This bug is really annoying and should be fixed urgently. The Note 9s is a really nice device, but this issue makes it unusable... I'm waiting since two weeks now because I don't want to return this device. Thank you for your feedback!

Can't be sure about that. I am also waiting for an update on this. I checked with the Feedback/Bug mod and the result was the same. It seems there are a few bugs to fix this time - camera FC, proximity sensor bug, etc along with this WLAN issue. I'm reporting everything to the dev, and hoping to get a result soon. I cannot say when we can expect one - only a dev can say that, but as all devs say, no ETA.
Cheers! :-)
2020-05-15 20:09:42
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series
409084696 replied at 2020-05-15 13:30:46
Anyone tried to remove all the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations"?
How can I remove the "MIUI WiFi Optimistations"?

We as normal users can't remove the specific MIUI WiFi Optimistations that where made by Xiaomi. We can only disable some of them over the UI, but there are several tweaks in the background without access over the UI.

Custom ROMs like "Evolution X" removing the MIUI and have zero WiFi problems. On the other side you have the Xiaomi.eu ROM with MIUI and they hafe the same problems with the WiFi.

Xiaomi has tweaked to much in the background. Sometimes is the default Android management better the option.
2020-05-15 20:17:12
Same issue here, Italy, FRITZ!Box 7530
2020-05-17 01:19:39

Rookie Bunny

JulieDee | from Redmi Note 9S

same exact problem here on Note 9s Global , in Canada. It doesn't matter which router , it does the problem on 3 different routers tried so far.
same behavior as described above. When phone goes to sleep, 10 or 15 minutes later if I pick it up the WiFi is still connected but there is no internet connection.  only way to solve is to switch off and on the wifi toggle on the phone (or airplane mode).
latest MIUI 11.0.7.0
I sent a bug report using the Services & Feedback app on the phone today.
Very stressful issue...
2020-05-17 11:23:23

Advanced Bunny

GianlucaB | from app

Same problem, only with redmi note 9s, on router Fritz box.

Fix it on phone !
This is big big!

2020-05-17 14:48:50
The team from Chinahandys.net Germany received information from Xiaomi that the update is finished. Testing is still ongoing. The new global Pro model has the same bug, so the pressure is high and we can be happy that Xiaomi will stay safe until it is eliminated.

https://www.chinahandys.net/xiao ... icht/#comment-62802

2020-05-17 17:48:47