In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Discussion] Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

2020-04-23 01:53:56
30291 158
This should be only an temporary solution. It can't be that we as user need to find a fix for sometihng that is clearly the failure of the manufacturer and even this seems to be not a proper soltuion. Some users have even with a repeater the WiFi Bug
2020-05-03 00:21:25

Rookie Bunny

KIIIMO Author | from Redmi Note 9S

it's kind of really bad issue I still hope and trying to convince myself it's a software problem and got nothing to do maybe with this new Snapdragon 720g like few people say that it's kind of costing conflict ..
2020-05-03 00:37:12
happybuddhist replied at 2020-05-01 12:41:13
Thanks for the extensive report. I have got a few user reports already and I've sent them to relevant team for checking. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

I have found something very interesting in my attempts today to find the problem. If the error occurs then the upload is not really broken. I can still see all other networks and can instandly reconnect me to any other network without restarting the WiFi of the phone.
Together with the facts that when you open an unencrypted guest WiFi with the same router, the bug does not appear and in some casec you can skip the bug with an repeater also I have no problem with the WPA2-PSK (AES) encrypted WiFi in my Office, there could be a trigger for the bug.
This leads me to the conclusion that the reason lies in the type of encryption. The encryption for the newer FritzBox devices is WPA2-PSK (CCMP) which is an advanced Version of WPA2-PSK (AES) and you can't change it in this devices. All the other devices, that I have found, where the bug does not appear have the WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption.
So this could be the key to solve the bug. Maybe the encryption service of the Note 9S stops working properly in StandBy after some time and the WPA2-PSK (CCMP) key can't be generated.
Can you sent this hint to relevant team?
2020-05-03 06:28:05

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Naroyas
I have found something very interesting in my attempts today to find the problem. If the error occurs then the upload is not really broken. I can still see all other networks and can instandly reconnect me to any other network without restarting the WiFi of the phone.
Together with the facts that when you open an unencrypted guest WiFi with the same router, the bug does not appear and in some casec you can skip the bug with an repeater also I have no problem with the WPA2-PSK (AES) encrypted WiFi in my Office, there could be a trigger for the bug.
This leads me to the conclusion that the reason lies in the type of encryption. The encryption for the newer FritzBox devices is WPA2-PSK (CCMP) which is an advanced Version of WPA2-PSK (AES) and you can't change it in this devices. All the other devices, that I have found, where the bug does not appear have the WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption.

Excellent. Thank you for the heads-up. Hope this would be useful for the team.
2020-05-03 08:50:49
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #25
Here is my router definitions it may help

2020-05-03 20:35:03
happybuddhist replied at 2020-05-03 02:50:49
Excellent. Thank you for the heads-up. Hope this would be useful for the team.

Another clue was found by a user in a German forum. He has disabled IPv6 routing in his router and has no more problems. However, not every device/Internet provider is able to do this and therefore it is only a partial workaround. But it might be another piece of the puzzle
2020-05-04 19:44:29
Naroyas replied at 2020-05-04 17:14:29
Another clue was found by a user in a German forum. He has disabled IPv6 routing in his router and has no more problems. However, not every device/Internet provider is able to do this and therefore it is only a partial workaround. But it might be another piece of the puzzle

Thank you mate! I have already attached this thread as a reference to the relevant team. Hopefully this will be useful for them.

Cheers! :-)
2020-05-04 19:46:15
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series

Advanced Bunny

Miky02 | from app

same problem here in italy, router fritzbox 4020.....feedback report 505580345 and 505583578
2020-05-05 00:33:51

Rookie Bunny

6320854147 | from app

Same problem with Mikrotik Routerboard  router.
2020-05-05 00:52:54