In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Discussion] Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

2020-04-23 01:53:56
30874 158
Dont know jet, for me it was ususaly in the morning, after few hours of standby.
2020-05-01 03:04:36

Rookie Bunny

KIIIMO Author | from Redmi Note 9S

I tried it after the update the problem still remains.
2020-05-01 03:29:23
Yeah its same. 1 hour and then wifi conection was lost.
2020-05-01 04:03:02
somtimes it reconnects after a few minutes, but the Problem ist not solved with the 11.0.7.0 update. it's only a little step in the right direction
2020-05-01 05:39:50
Hi there!

Can someone submit a detailed bug report and share the report ID here? It seems the bug fix in this update hasn't solved for most of the users. Kindly shared the bug report so that I can push this issue to the relevant team.

Thanks! :-)
2020-05-01 10:40:42
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series
happybuddhist replied at 2020-05-01 04:40:42
Hi there!

Can someone submit a detailed bug report and share the report ID here? It seems the bug fix in this update hasn't solved for most of the users. Kindly shared the bug report so that I can push this issue to the relevant team.

Report ID: 505564639
It is a German report, so I'll just put it in a nutshell.

The note 9S loses the connection to the internet via WiFi in standby after some time (8-10 minutes), even with the new update 11.0.7.0 and does not switch to mobile internet. So it is offline!
I use a Fritz!Box 7590 with Fritz!OS 7.12 and WAP2 key. An absolut standard WiFi network in germany. It doesn't matter if 2.4GHz and 5GHz are running under one SSID or are separated. All other devices in the network run without problems. I have already reset the phone once, deleted the WiFi connections several times and reconnected them.

The interesting thing is that the phone is still receiving the router's ID/MAC, but can't send anything.

I have tested it with the App "Tasker". I can trigger a ping which is only done when the phone is connected to my router's ID/MAC. So Tasker detects the connected ID/MAC without any problems while the bug occurs, but I can't find the ping on the network. This means the download is there and the packets from the router to the Note 9S are received, but no upload from the Note 9S is possible in this state. Therefore the Note 9S will be disconnected by the router, because it doesn't receive any feedback.

Means download is available, but no more upload.

The strangest thing I noticed today is that when you open an unencrypted guest WiFi with the same router, the bug does not appear.

It looks like the Note 9S will lose the network key or something similar after a while in standby.

But unfortunately I have no deeper insight into the logs of the WiFi module in Note 9S. That's where Xiaomi's support has to act now. Especially now that the next Note with the same Qualcomm 720G will be released on the global market, the bug has to be fixed first. It will be a real media disaster if a whole range of models is available on the global market with the same bug.
2020-05-01 18:38:42

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Report ID: 505564639
It is a German report, so I'll just put it in a nutshell.

Thanks for the extensive report. I have got a few user reports already and I've sent them to relevant team for checking. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.
2020-05-01 18:41:13
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro | Redmi 9 series
it's a sad thing that as a user i currently only have the option to fix the bug temporarily by sending a ping with Taker every few minutes and restarting the WiFi if it fails.
It is as if the phone in standby mode no longer checks itself with a ping as long as it receives packets from the network.
2020-05-01 18:55:42

Rookie Bunny

yes it's kind of sad and disappointing. but there is another way.
using a repeater with 2.4 GHz with me kind of don't make a problem with it, of course it's not suppose to be like that because 5ghz is faster but at least for now.
if u have any repeater at home try to connect to it and test it or just but a cheap 15 euro one maybe like from TP-Link
2020-05-01 18:58:29

Rookie Bunny

I found a easy solution today guys not how it suppose to be but at least for now till the problem get solved .. .
I bought today a repeater from Saturn for 20 euro connected to it of course supports only 2.4 GHz and the problem disappeared but when I connect again to my FritzBox 5 GHz the problem back again.
2020-05-02 23:26:48