In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Discussion] Redmi Note 9S!! WLAN ISSUE

2020-04-23 01:53:56
21455 155
Hey guys I have been 2 weeks with wlan issue in redmi note 9s . Getting tired of it. Even the same after the update 11.5.0 . Thinking about sending the phone back although I like it .
If anyone have any solution please share it with me .
BTW I am using FritzBox in germany.
Thanks in advance.

2020-04-23 01:53:56
Favorites14 RateRate

Device Team

Brice | from app

Could you describe what type of wlan issues are you experiencing? Unable to connect?
2020-04-23 08:34:01

Rookie Bunny

KIIIMO Author | from Redmi Note 9S

it's like that.
when I lock the phone normal and put it away, and then for example after 10 or 15 mins try to use it again unlock it and shows me internet connected but no connection actually . I have to turn WiFi Off then back On to be able to connect again.
and btw I tried to use hotspot from a different phone for about 15 min and didn't face this problem.
I am using fritzbox 6591 Cabel
thanks
2020-04-23 14:49:14
Brice  replied at 2020-04-23 02:34:01
Could you describe what type of wlan issues are you experiencing? Unable to connect?

When you let the device go to sleep for few hours or minutes wifi stops working. It does not lose the connetion to the wifi. It just has no more access to the internet and the device does not switch to mobile internet on it's own. You need to turn off the wifi and reconnect it again in order to gain internet access.
Same issue in both, 2,4ghz and 5ghz seperate networks or together in one SSID. Switching the wifi standards 802.11a/b/g/n/ac has also no effect. Likewise changeing the Private DNS option ore the use of a static IP in the network.

In the Mi Community are already some other threads regarding this big BUG:
https://c.mi.com/thread-3001892-1-1.html
https://c.mi.com/thread-3014713-1-0.html

Even at XDA it's a Topic:
https://forum.xda-developers.com ... ps-leaving-t4085213

A german android forum also trys to find the cause:
https://www.android-hilfe.de/for ... 6gb-128.944828.html

And even a german review is mentioning this BUG:
https://www.chinahandys.net/xiaomi-redmi-note-9s-testbericht/

Most of the users have a FritzBox and they are very popular in germany. It's not an problem of the FritzBox because every other divice is working. Only the Note 9S has this problem.

The Note 9S is so far the only device available on the German/international market with a Qualcomm 720G, which makes the theory of a driver bug somehow likely. The realme 6 Pro, which also has it built in, is currently not available in markets where the Fritzbox is so strongly represented as in Germany and from this direction I haven't heard of any problems. Fritzbox is trying hard to keep all routers up to date with the latest software and the WiFi driver of the 720G might not work with certain new network standards or protocols.

2020-04-23 14:54:38

Rookie Bunny

so what should I do now wait for update or just send it back ?
2020-04-24 05:29:20

Rookie Bunny

6319749031 | from mobile

KIIIMO
so what should I do now wait for update or just send it back ?

Same here, also a Fritzbox Router running. I reached out to the global support and was advised to use local support. They aren't aware of the fact it's a broader problem, with many people affected by it. Anyway, here's what they advised me to do:

Hi Britta,

Thank you for Contacting Xiaomi Customer Support. I am Nandini and I understand that you are facing wifi connection issue with your device.

I would like to inform you to try to connect your device with any other 5GHZ Wi-Fi Band and check whether you are getting the same error or not. Also, would request you to try to change the setting of the Wi-Fi router with the help of respective router Band support.

Also, like to inform you that if you are in the range of both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Wi-Fi Bands network then priority will be given to 5GHZ Wi-Fi Band.

I would request you to refer the below-mentioned steps as you have already tried the factory reset:

For Wi-Fi:-

1.       Please turn off the router for at least 30 seconds

2.       Then select your Wi-Fi in your device and select forget the option

3.       Then start the Router and reconnect your device

4.       Check, whether the same issue is there or not

If the same issue persists, I would request you to follow the below-mentioned steps to check the exact issue:-

1. Dial *#*#6484#*#*

2. Select the option related to Wi-Fi

3. Perform the test and check whether the results are positive or not

If the test results are positive then please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

Sign Out from your Mi Account:-

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Select Mi Account

3.  Then confirm to Sign Out

Create a Backup:-

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Select Additional Settings/ Select About Phone

3.  Select Backup and Reset

4.  Select Local Backups

5.  Select Backup

6.  Select Accounts and Contacts & select System

7.  Then select Backup so that a Backup file could be created

For Finding Backup File:-

1.  Go to Internal Storage

2.  Select MIUI

3.  Select Backup

4.  Select All Backup

(Note:- Please save the Backup file on your PC/ Laptop, so that your important data would be prevented)

Factory Data Reset:-

1.  Go to Settings

4.  Tap on Factory Data Reset

MIUI update: -                                                      

1.    Then go to Settings About phone System update Check for update

2.    Tap on '...' icon at the top right side/ long press menu button

3.    Choose download latest package

4.  Once the downloading gets completed click on update and reboot option.​

Restoring Data:-

1.  Go to Settings

4.  Select Local Backups

5.  Select Backup File

6.  Select Restore to complete this process

If the still issue persists with your device, then I would request you to visit the nearby service center by coordinating your respective point of purchase regarding the repair for your device. Also, I would request you to get in touch with your regional support for better and quicker information. Below mentioned are the details of Xiaomi Customer Support, Germany.

Germany Support:

Official Website: https://www.mi.com/de

Hotline Support: 0800 - 223 11 44

Chat Support: https://sg.support.kefu.mi.com/page/index/v2?tag=de&token=ZGUud2ViLm1pI2lqdllNV1hucGw&locale=de&cUserId=XLiVbbtHi9HgLP7GTfKL5N6Spiw

For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

----

Have already posted this on another thread, but this could help with decision making, as it does not sound like there will be a fix :( feel so bad for suggesting that phone to my mom ..
2020-04-26 23:49:24

Semi Pro Bunny

Harraz Lee | from Redmi Note 9S

Why camera on Redmi note 9s always crash??
2020-04-29 20:13:56
Brice  replied at 2020-04-23 02:34:01

do you have any new informations regarding the state of the WiFi bug of the Redmi Note 9S? Slowly you can find more and more reports about this bug all around the EU. And not only with the AVM FritzBox devices. More or less every second user on Amazon Germany is writing about this Bug.
2020-04-30 21:04:06

Rookie Bunny

do you have any new informations regarding the state of the WiFi bug of the Redmi Note 9S? Slowly you can find more and more reports about this bug all around the EU. And not only with the AVM FritzBox devices. More or less every second user on Amazon Germany is writing about this Bug.

yes I am talking with one from the mi customer service and they supposedly testing a new update for this wlan issue to fix it. and we suppose to get this update in few days.
some people said they used repeaters like TP-Link or Xiaomi and the problem stopped . I tried everything but don't have repeater . annoying problem and disappointed me so much ..
2020-04-30 21:08:54
I hope this will fix it, this update just came.

2020-05-01 02:46:16

Rookie Bunny

I hope that too did it fix your problem.?
2020-05-01 03:02:23