In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] What Happened To MIUI 11 ?

2020-04-10 15:11:47
912 6
It's been 6 months since MIUI 11 was launched (6 Months is also the time when POCO F1 got its stable update back in OCT 2019),And here we are now in April 2020.
I am asking that still we are stuck at 11.0.x.x  series and not 11.1.x.x or 11.2 or 11.3.x.x and by this time as 6 months are over we would have got 11.5.x.x.

I also know that beta ROM was closed 1.5yrs ago so We should get stable updates faster.

"But by constantly observing  I have noticed that for last 2-3 updates all other devices are getting only security patches and no new features.Hasen't MIUI 11 got any new feature since launch ?

I aslo know about the current situation that going on around the world so I thought updates may be stopped/paused but still and till today all other devices are gettiing new updates but only with "Security Patch"..........."

Today also POCO X2 got MIUI 11.0.7.0 but only changes were March security patch.

Please tell me what's going on with MIUI 11 ???
Thanks. :(

2020-04-10 15:11:47
Favorites1 RateRate
you want updates - i want a fix for the battery performance - not worried about newer features till the ones we have work properly
2020-04-10 16:30:13
So... you want new feature updates? What features are you expecting?

First of all, MIUI 11 stopped development for MIUI 12, so no new feature updates will be made. All will be based on system optimizations and bug fixes, along with security patch updates. That's why POCO X2 received a small update. You must know that it's previous update was rolled back due to bugs, so it's more of a bug fix update.

About the update versions, it may or may not have numerals with 11.1.xx, 11.2.xx, and so on. AFAIK, Global ROM are all on 11.0.xx while China ROM is on 11.2.xx - since both are different ROMs, we can't compare them. Over the course of time, those features available in China ROM may come to Global ROM, but there's no ETA on that.

So, I guess that answers your questions. There may or may not be new feature updates that may come from China ROM, but brand new features will only come with MIUI 12. POCO F1 is already almost 2 years old and it has received all of its promised updates (2 major updates and several minor ones including 2 MIUI updates). It possibly will get MIUI 12 too. So in a way, new features will come to POCO F1 too. Patience is the key.

Stay home; stay safe.
Cheers! :-)
2020-04-10 20:32:14
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

Rookie Bunny

Sab0 | from app

happybuddhist
So... you want new feature updates? What features are you expecting?

First of all, MIUI 11 stopped development for MIUI 12, so no new feature updates will be made. All will be based on system optimizations and bug fixes, along with security patch updates. That's why POCO X2 received a small update. You must know that it's previous update was rolled back due to bugs, so it's more of a bug fix update.

Nice informative answer, thank you..But in your reply you said "last update was rolled back due to bugs" You referring to X2 or F1? because we ( F1 users) haven't yet received 11.0.6 many of us yet..Has 11.0.6 rolled back?
2020-04-11 03:38:29

Moderador

happybuddhist | from MI 9

Sab0
Nice informative answer, thank you..But in your reply you said "last update was rolled back due to bugs" You referring to X2 or F1? because we ( F1 users) haven't yet received 11.0.6 many of us yet..Has 11.0.6 rolled back?

I was referring to POCO X2. 11.0.7.0 comes with the bug fixes from 11.0.6.0 release. For POCO, we'll be getting more updates, but until MIUI 12 is released, most will be bug fixes and optimisations. If any feature does come, it will be the ones tested earlier on other devices.
Cheers! :-)
2020-04-11 04:05:35
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro
I don't think that Xiaomi ever put poco f1 in priority list, it was clear that f1 was a test market device with a tiny dedicated team. All ROM releases after MIUI 9 are generic ones and not a single bug that users reported are fixed.
If you decompile the ROM you see a lot of hidden codes from others devices and a old batch of MIUI that are not present in newer devices and not a single one driver updated and optimized for android 10.
The kernel code, I replied repeatedly, that are poor optimized and balanced for our F1 and Snapdragon specs. It was clear that obsolescence is the objective to force us to migrate to a newer device, but this attitude from Xiaomi only makes users angry to the brand.
This device feels like a beta device with your functions, bugs and lesser performance in various ways.
I dont think we need Miui 12 or 20, whatever, we need a software that makes the device works as advertised and the company needs more communication with existent users and this community.
I respect the all community moderators here, but all feedback from them are not technical or respond the needs of users.
I feel a lot disappointed from this device like a lot of users here and I don't think will never buy a Xiomi device again.
2020-04-11 22:46:43

Rookie Bunny

Pocophone89 | from app

Pescador Niii
I don't think that Xiaomi ever put poco f1 in priority list, it was clear that f1 was a test market device with a tiny dedicated team. All ROM releases after MIUI 9 are generic ones and not a single bug that users reported are fixed.
If you decompile the ROM you see a lot of hidden codes from others devices and a old batch of MIUI that are not present in newer devices and not a single one driver updated and optimized for android 10.
The kernel code, I replied repeatedly, that are poor optimized and balanced for our F1 and Snapdragon specs. It was clear that obsolescence is the objective to force us to migrate to a newer device, but this attitude from Xiaomi only makes users angry to the brand.

To be honest, Poco F1 performance with Miui 11 and Android 10 is just inaceptable. Many times, when I unlock my phone, no icons on the screen appears until 3 or 4 seconds later. With an Snapdragon 845... Inaceptable. Next phone I buy, I will go for a brand who actually takes care of the optimization of the software.
2020-04-12 12:12:17