In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Notebook

[Tips] Integrated Webcam not working (Mi Air 13.3 1. Generation)

2020-04-03 15:55:06
10811 10
Problems occured my Xiaomi Mi Air 13.3 (1.Generation) Model - OS: Windows 10

I realized today that my webcam is not working any more. I used it in the past (last time 4month ago) and did not change anything. However, I remember that there was an windows 10 update that went wrong and I had to restore the automatic backup from the day before. I dont know if this might be causing the problems.

If opening the Cam App it shows that there is no device found.

If opening the device manager the Camera does not show up anywhere, so it is not possible to update drivers from there.

I uninstalled the Antimalware software and installed drivers for:

VGA Intel Igfix
Chipset Intel
VGA nVidia

But I dont know what the driver for the integrated webcam is or what the manufacturer is.

I would really appreciate if there is anybody who can give me some advice.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-04-03 15:55:06
Favorites1 RateRate
Have you resolve this issue? I have got same issue since 1 week. I hope you can resolve and give me the solution.
Thanks for all people view and have some ideas to help us!
2020-08-03 13:18:32
I have the same problem as well... Anyone have the solution?
2020-08-28 11:51:30
Hi,

I have the same problem.

Anyone have the solution?
2020-09-14 16:16:31
Same problem here...
2020-10-19 14:52:55

Hi everyone. I spent about 1 hour wondering around in various support websites and managed to solve this issue. All I did was follow the below methods. What solved my problem was actually Method 4. I did that, did not even restart my computer afterwards, and magic: camera was back working.

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Method 2: Check for an outdated webcam driver.

Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the search results.
Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select Properties.
Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

Method 3: Roll back your webcam driver.

In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Method 4: Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall  Delete the driver software for this device, and then select OK.
In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
If your webcam still doesn’t work, try looking for help on the webcam manufacturer’s website.

Best of luck!!!
2020-11-02 23:47:57
Same problem here!

None of that solutions worked. And is the Integrated Webcam... so.. XIAOMI
2020-11-03 06:41:54
Same here! Integrated webcam doesn't work anymore. The solutions above don't work for me.
2020-11-15 01:12:26

Rookie Bunny

6379530022 | from app

I have the same problem. I can find the USB Xiaomi Webcam in device manager, but is required a new installation. I need the original driver of this Webcam, but I can't find it anywhere.
Can someone help me please.

Thank you
2021-01-26 23:37:29
Here! Same problem windows and ubuntu does not detect the integrated camera, all solutions tested, i do not know what to do.
2021-12-12 19:23:55
Nguyễn Quốc Nho replied at 2020-08-03 05:18:32
Have you resolve this issue? I have got same issue since 1 week. I hope you can resolve and give me the solution.
Thanks for all people view and have some ideas to help us!

Neither yet, 1 month searching a solution.
2021-12-12 19:25:14