In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Other] Possible / temporary fix for delayed or muted notifications

2020-03-25 11:11:08
149 4
Important: Enable "Wake Lock screen for notifications", and "autostart" for desired apps first to ensure proper notification functionality. I also recommend disabling "MIUI battery optimization".

I have found a temporary fix for delayed or muted notifications in MIUI 11.

Go to settings   •   Passwords & security   •   Privacy   •   Special app access   •   Battery optimization   •   Tap the arrow next to the blue banner which says "Not optimized"   •   Select "All apps"   •   find "Notifications", tap it and select "Don't optimize". Do the same thing for "com.android.smspush".

In my testing I found that this reduces delays from minutes to 10 seconds or eliminates them completely. Furthermore, Google Keep Reminders are no longer silent and able to push notifications.

If this doesn't work for you please ensure that you have notifications for desired app or apps enabled. MIUI often sets notifications to low priority.

Unfortunately "com.android.smspush" resets back to "optimized" by MIUI after a restart. This seems to cause most of the delays. It could be resolved easily if it wasn't for MIUI's aggressive behaviour.
2020-03-25 11:11:08
Favorites RateRate
Damn, how many places for battery optimization are there in MIUI? Thanks for the tip, I'm currently trying it out. Just to be clear, "com.android.smspush" is responsible for all notifications, not just SMS? How did you find out these settings?
2020-03-28 12:26:20

Bunny tiểu học

TJMAX Author | from app

beatschubser
Damn, how many places for battery optimization are there in MIUI? Thanks for the tip, I'm currently trying it out. Just to be clear, "com.android.smspush" is responsible for all notifications, not just SMS? How did you find out these settings?

I have tried a couple of those APKs or whatever the term is. And only smspush fixed my issue with Google Keep in particular.
2020-03-28 12:38:09
Notifications are working fine so far. It seems that your tips have fixed the issues on my device. I hope this will be permanent. You're my personal hero!
2020-03-31 05:32:06

Bunny tiểu học

TJMAX Author | from app

beatschubser
Notifications are working fine so far. It seems that your tips have fixed the issues on my device. I hope this will be permanent. You're my personal hero!

2020-03-31 07:53:01