In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] Music Maker Jam: Create Your Own Beat.

2020-03-24 15:37:41
582 6
Hello MIUIers,

The World is going through a tough time now. The COVID-19 is spreading all around the globe. In this tough time we all should be careful and follow necessary precautions. Many countries have enforced lock down to ensure virus does not spread and kill many people. In this time we should stay at home and spend time with family. Spending time at home can be difficult specially for those who are going out for job, school, travel etc. While at home you can listen to music, watch movies and do your favorite hobby. Music is one of the perfect companion for any team and today I bring you an app where you can create your own beat by mixing music. If you are interested in mixing different type of music then look no further Music Maker Jam is your choice. Let's start review of Music Maker Jam on this note.

R E V I E W
FIRST LOOK

At first the app requires you to create a new account and choose from different packs to mix music later.

For the start I have chosen Smooth Hiphop and Radio Rock as my mix pack. You can choose whatever you like. There are many packs that you can get from store later so do not worry on the packs that you choose in the beginning. After choosing the packs there is a short tutorial of 4 levels that introduce you on how to use the app.

Completing the tutorial gives you coins. We will talk further on how to use the coins. After completing all the tutorial you are ready to create your own beat by mixing the music.

MIXING BEATS
You are ready to make your own music. Let's explore on some of the interface on how to create your own beat.

Simply add a instrument from any of the packs you have. There are many choices and you can listen to all of the instruments available in the pack before adding them so you can easily decide on which instrument to choose from. Cool right .

You can also add new parts by just clicking plus button. This adds new parts on your song and you can choose different instruments for different parts according to your choice. Just play around a bit to get the hang of the interface.

You can even specify the length of certain part short or long. For instance I can set new part A2 to 8 length that is long or short as 1 or 2 or 4. It is completely your freedom on how long you want to have a part. This flexibility is the best part of the app I like about.

You can also add effects to the music. Sadly only filter sweep is available for free version while other effects require you to have Pro version of the app for which you need to pay. Even without the effects the mixing of beats is quite effective in my view.

MENU AND STORE

In Home menu you can see there are 4 menus Home, My Music, Make Music and Community. Home gives feature packs etc, you can access your created music in my musis, make music shifts you to the interface of making music which we discussed above. You can also listen to other music in community and post your own music as well. The store features of packs that are both free and requires coins. The coins that we got from tutorial are useful here hence. Some of the packs are quite expensive as it requires 330 coins. Quite sad .

You can also buy coins by paying. There are also ways to earn free coins but these methods are quite complex and hard to get so paying to get more coins seems the only easy and better way to get coins if you want to unlock the packs.

CONCLUSION

Music Maker Jam is a fun and easy to use app to create your own beats. The app can be used offline as well which is a big positive to create beats wherever you go. However, most of the packs need to be paid and you need to pay to get coins to purchase such packs. It would have been better if there was better way to get free coins as well. Additionally, only filter sweep effect is available in free version and you need Pro version for other effects but even without effects it works quite well.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Easy to use.
  • Can easily add channels and select beats of different packs in different channels.
  • Available in offline mode.

Cons
  • Purchasing packs are quite expensive and you need to pay to get coins.

Verdict:
If you are looking for app to mix beats and create your own beat then Music Maker Jam is your choice. The app lets you to add channels at ease and select from different music to create a beat. The only drawback is that the packs need to be paid and only one effect is available in free version. All in all Music Maker Jam is your go to app for mixing beats.

My Rating: 4.7/5
Here is a beat that I created using the app.
Play here :
Download : Rap and song mix.mp3 (861.75 KB, Downloads: 1)

Additonal Information

Downloads:

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-03-24 15:37:41
Favorites RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

myrichgoh | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing.
2020-03-24 16:49:19
Good review! Thanks a lot.
2020-03-25 09:58:34

Wizard Bunny

iMKajal | from MI 8

Thanks for your review!
2020-03-27 13:30:28
As a music lover I'm gonna try this app very soon and thanks for the review
2020-03-31 15:20:08
Great review
2020-04-13 08:52:05
I recently started creating my own tracks. I used to think that it was very easy and anyone can create a good track, but it turned out to be much more difficult. I asked my friends how best to do this, and a friend suggested that I'd find great free beats and use them for my next project. I decided to try it and it really made it very easy to create a good track. I used to have to spend about one or two weeks on a single track, but now I only spend a few days. In addition, I found some such cool bits that I immediately came up with some new ideas for my future projects
2020-05-19 17:05:36