In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] Habitica: Make Habits as a Game

2020-03-09 16:33:13
430 7
Hello MIUIers,

We all may have resolutions or habits that we want to develop but as the time passes by we forget about the resolutions or do not develop the necessary habit. There are various apps that set reminders to achieve the resolutions and build habits. Habitica is different from those apps. If you are a fan of games and like to gain levels and build skills from completing tasks then Habitica is your choice . Excited to know that habits can be made as a game then lets dive further into the review.

R E V I E W
FIRST LOOK

At first the app requires you to set display name and set what is your goal that is exercise, health, work, school, chores etc.

For beginning I have chosen Exercise and Health and go forward. As I choose what habits I want to develop it creates a list of habits that I can follow to achieve the goal.

The habits are cardio and eat healthy/junk food. The plus sign in the left of the habit is positive habit which if you complete gives exp and coins and negative habits decrease your health. To add a habit just click the plus sign on the bottom and define if it is positive habit or negative habit and you can see the habit in the habits tab.

Creating your own habit allows you to set the difficulty and also reset streak i.e. how often do you want to do a particular task daily, weekly or monthly. So cool right . There are even daily tasks that you need to do and some to-dos that you need to do. Dailies as name suggests are task needed to be done daily like floss, stretching etc to keep me healthy. You get coins and exp from completing daily tasks as well.

FEATURES

There is more to Habitica than just creating habits, dailies and to-dos. If we open menu on top left there are a no. of features that are available on Habitica and we will explore each feature of Habitica and what makes it so cool.

As you can see there are so many classification under the menu tab. Firstly the stats is the points you can allocate when you level up and is unlocked at level 10. Boost stats to suit your class needs and also what you require. There is also a guide on stats on bottom. Attributing stats is one of the key things in any gameplay and it is the same case in Habitica.

In tavern you can chat with other members while guilds help you to join different groups that suit your needs. Joining guilds help you to chat with other members with same interest. I joined party wanted guild as I wanted to join a party and from there on I got to see which party are looking for members.

You can purchase different items from shop. You can change to different classes once you reach level 10 and get items for your specified classes. You require coins and gems to buy items and certain level requirement as well. The most interesting part of Habitica app for me is the challenges section. Here you can see different challenges that gives you gems if you complete it. Further, accepting the challenges adds task to your home screen that you need to complete to complete the challenge. So cool .

As I took cleaning laundry challenge I got tasks like sorted clothes into smaller piles, put away some clean clothes etc. You also get different dailies that relate to your challenge. Oh almost forgot you also get different items from doing tasks and the item drop depends on the stat points.

You can choose different class once you reach level 10. Choose the class you prefer. You also get different skills as you choose class and the skills unlock at different levels. I have chosen Mage as I always love to Mage in the games I play.

CONCLUSION

Habitica is a cool app if you like games and are engaged in games. The different features like guilds, party, challenges and class system make Habitica like a real gameplay. It is quite engaging and interesting and takes habit following as a game where you get rewards to complete a task. There are even different challenges that provides you rewards helping to perfrom certain tasks as well.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Small sized app.
  • Different features makes app interesting.
  • Easy to create and complete habits.

Cons
  • Requires internet connection.
  • Some items require gems and gems need to be purchased or get from challenges but harder to get from challenges.

Verdict:
If you are looking for a fun way to develop habit then Habitica is definitely your choice. If you are a fan of games and are seeking to gamify your habit then Habitica is your choice. The different features, challenges and class system makes completing a task interesting and fascinating. The only downside there is to the app is that it requires internet connection and some items need gems.

My Rating: 4.7/5

Additonal Information

Downloads:

OR
Habitica.apk (7.8 MB, Downloads: 4)

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-03-09 16:33:13
Favorites RateRate
Nice app to try! Thanks for your review.
2020-03-09 19:16:19
Beautiful App Review! Cool Formatting as well!
2020-03-09 20:26:30
CED

Wizard Bunny

Ertugrull99 | from MI 8

Thanks for info
2020-03-09 21:09:41
Great review!!
2020-03-13 10:21:13

Advanced Bunny

Lidija_07 | from Redmi 7A

Thanks, cool.
2020-03-13 11:17:51