In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [MI ART] Zipper: Every tool is a click away.

2020-03-08 07:37:32
771 4

Zipper is the real deal when it comes to basic tools to have in a device.
Personally, zipper helps me track installed apps and backup apps already installed.
Zipper can be used for your basic needs when using an android phone. The uses of zipper ranges from file explorer, image viewer, text viewer and much more.

Introduction.
Zipper is a utility app with all the basic functions cramped into it to get tasks done without the need to have so many apps installed.
When you open zipper for the first time you are faced with this image below.

For starters.
How to track apps installation with zipper.
Let me quickly explain how I use zipper to track installed app and monitor when they got installed.
One of the strangest things of android is apps getting installed on your device without your permission.
In fact, facing this kind of issue prompted me to search for an app that can help me find any creeping app that sneaks into my device years ago.
Zipper by default doesn't list apps by installation date and doesn't display user apps.
To rectify these, follow the steps as shown in the image below.

Or follow these listed procedure. Launch zipper click applications section down on the left of your screen you will notice 3 parallel lines tap on those lines and on the top left corner, locate preference click application type switch from system to user scroll down and locate sort by then switch to install date locate direction switch to descending.
After this, go back to zipper home page and your application will be displayed by installation date sorting by time.

To backup installed apps.
Follow the easy steps shown in the image below.

Features of Zipper.
Permission tab.
The permission section of zipper adequately displays apps on your device with their different permission access, giving you a precise knowledge of what access is granted to a particular app.

Image resize.
The image resize option of zipper is very useful if you are using a social media app that requires a specific size of image before an image can be uploaded on the social site.
Kindly refer to the pictorial explanation below on how to resize an image.

File share.
The file share option is similar to that of shareme or xender. It requires the sending and receiving devices to have zipper installed.

Unit converter.
This feature of zipper does a very good job.There are various units that can be converted. From power, area, distance, fuel consumption, time, speed and more. For illustration, I did a temperature conversion and the result was accurate. This tool can come in handy when a particular weather app or forecast is displayed in a particular sequence without time or tool to switch immediately to different unit.

Theming.
Zipper lets you choose how you want the app to look. It's pretty basic but it does give the app distinctive appearance whenever a different theme is chosen.
Sadly, there are only four themes available. My favorite is the *light two color* theme.

System information.
Zipper basically exposes my devices shortcomings when the "system information" tab is clicked. There is so much not present in the device that is compulsory for a smartphone. But don't blame in a hurry, the device is 5years old. Yeah I should have said that in the beginning. I know.
The system information section reveals hidden details and present condition of your device; from battery health and temperature, to storage space and device sensors..etc.

There are so much more feature present in zipper that writing about won't easily cover, but you are welcome to check them out and leave your comments and questions below in the comment section.

Pros.
Zipper has you covered, -from backing up your apps,
- monitoring apps being installed on your device,
- to featuring basic tools like
calendar, unit converter, file sharing e.t.c.
Cons.
Contains ads; as at the time of doing this review, there is no option to remove the ads as the app does not support any form of payment to eradicate the ads.
Also I noticed certain functions like permissions section didn't load on an older android device with android 4.4 kitkat platform.
But no mention of zipper facing error if installed on an older android device was made by the dev. Probably an oversight by the developer.
Important notice: The ads on zipper only appear on top of zipper homepage, the ads are not banner ads or video ads, but ads are animated.

verdict.
When the word "zipper" is mentioned I no longer think of a mere zip, instead my thought is centred around an app that presents all the necessary tool needed to make the most of my android device.
As every app that I have talked about here, zipper is a very very useful tool, and should be considered as a tool on your android device.
Personally I will rate zipper a strong ⭐⭐⭐, two start less for the ads present in the app without any form of removing the ads and the error encountered while using the app on an older android device.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Click on the link below to download the app from Google play store.
Or download the app here Zipper v2.1.93.apk (13.43 MB, Downloads: 6) . This is my review of the zipper app.

Until the next one, Zesushv YoursReviewsfully.

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +25 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-03-08 07:37:32
Favorites1 RateRate

Resource Team

MGJ_1997 | from Redmi 3S

Nice Review...
2020-03-16 19:59:26

App Review Team

zesushv Author | from app

Thanks bro